Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp MX-6 or Rancho RS9000XL

Old 09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp MX-6 or Rancho RS9000XL

I'm looking for adjustable shocks and don't know which is better. I'm looking for a softer ride on highway, but I also want to be able to stiffen up the shocks for towing or offroad use. Right now I have Skyjacker Nitrogen charged shocks, and they are harsh on road.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

I can only speak for the MX6 Shocks.

I found on the softest setting, it felt like I didnt have shocks at all. I have the set at a couple clicks off firm and really enjoy the ride.. Very soft, but firm

What sucks it the knobs are at the bottom of the shock. One trip over the rocks and my shocks are no longer adjustable.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

I had a set of MX6 shocks on my TJ, could not tell the difference from setting 1 to 6. I thought they were a waste of money. Chances are they've improved, but I wouldn't get them again. My
Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running mx-6's and find them not too bad. I run the fronts at the 3rd position and the rears at the 4th, out of 6 of course, but that depends on the weight of your rig and the spring rate too.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

I've had both, rancho's on a lifted durango and currently the procomps on my jeep. Both performed well. I would go with what you can get a better deal on.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp MX-6 or Rancho RS9000XL