Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro comp lifts

Old 02-04-2015, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro comp lifts

WHAT di any of you know about pro comp lifts?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're cheap and incomplete. There are plenty of reviews on the site if you search a little.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Look up Trans America Auto Parts. (4wp, 4wd, RE, whoever else they own...)

Any time you walk in to a 4wheelparts, ProComp and/or Rubicon Express are what the counter guru says you need. Best thing since sliced bread. Promise. You can trust me!

Start with the thread stuck to the top of this modified area. Figure out what the different components are/do, and why you might want one instead of another. Then look at the components that come in the lift you want, and ask yourself if those are what you want. (ex. it comes with a drop pitman, is that the form of steering correction you want? It comes with cam bolts, is that the form of caster correction you want?)
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Normally I wouldn't even ask but I was looking at a new jeep and it already had lift bmpers winch and stuff. and the lift was pro comp. I like a more complete approach and build my pwn lift using high quality stuff. OME terra flex monster bar and bilstein shocks etc. I didn't like the way it drove it feel like it wandered and on new jeep that was not acceptable Thanks why I asked

Thanks to all
Old 02-05-2015, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
I didn't like the way it drove it feel like it wandered and on new jeep that was not acceptable
That isn't lift quality, more likely it is low caster. If you are interested in that particular jeep, have them print the alignment specs. When you see that the caster is indeed low, make them add drop brackets or adjustable arms.

Quick Reply: Pro comp lifts