Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pro comp lift kits

Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dang

Originally Posted by seairland
Thanks to everyones input here..

After reading all the facts about the ProComp 4" Stage II, I went to my 4 wheel parts store and asked the questions that were posed on the forum here.
We called procomp and these are the answers to the following questions that were given by the rep:
1. Does the above mentioned lift give a full 4"? Answer = "No, it gives with stock bumpers, etc, at most 3.25"
2. Do the coils ever come out of the buckets? Answer = "No, never heard of that happening"

Thats about all I remember, but thats what was concerning me.

I ended up dumping the lift and going with the Teraflex 4" full flex arm lift.
4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=TER1451400&jeep-parts=true

What do you all think?

Thanks
Dang - was hoping you would buy my procomp so i could justify completing my Teraflex lift!

...and yes - everytime i went offroad (prior to installing limiting straps) my spring would rotate out of the perch.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

I forgot about this post as I was all wrapped up with my jeep having gotten its lift!

Extremely happy with the end product.

Had to do 1 tweak to get it right, but now its awesome!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Default nice!

Originally Posted by seairland
I forgot about this post as I was all wrapped up with my jeep having gotten its lift!

Extremely happy with the end product.

Had to do 1 tweak to get it right, but now its awesome!
Let me know when your beast out to Uwharrie!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

I'm in the same boat. I purchased the Stage 1 lift and am getting ready to buy the adj trackbars and the control arms. I don't have any major complaints with the lift. Yes, each time I go offroading, I've had to reseat the driver side spring. I did geta full 4" out of it. Overall, this isn't a bad lift. If I had to do it again, I would've started with a more complete kit.

Originally Posted by FireRescue707
Save your money and buy a complete lift kit with arms and track bars. I originally purchased the ProComp Stage I 4" and I did not have any problems with it at all. Since then though I have purchased the Tera flex control arms(front and rears, uppers and lowers) and the JKS Track Bars. It would have be less expensive to just purchase a complete kit to begin with.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
found out why my jeep bottoms out and i could never seem to adjust the arms to eliminate pinion vibes - 4wheelparts never installed the rear springs from the kit, instead they put my old stock springs back in! unbelievable
the stage 1 kit doesn't come with rear springs. It only has the spring spacers for the rear.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

i have the same lift and same squeaks i hate it
Originally Posted by rob7765
I also have the ProComp Stage II 4" lift. I have had it on for 30,000 miles now. No major problems, just a little sqeaky no matter how much I grease the joints. Maybe that is normal? This was my first lift (and Jeep) so I was relying on the advice of 4 Wheel Parts. They were close to my house and I figured if I had any problems I could easily run over there. Next time around I will probably go another route now that I know more about lifts.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Default thanks

Originally Posted by bobzinger
the stage 1 kit doesn't come with rear springs. It only has the spring spacers for the rear.
- thanks - just found that out - just ordered teraflex front and rear springs - slowly changing out the whole pro-comp kit. what a waste of money!

Quick Reply: pro comp lift kits