Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pro comp lift kits

Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
$580.00 - check out the rubicon express web site - check out what Tera-Flex has too - Tera-Flex has some of the best support and customer service and that means alot after the wallet is over the purchase price.

OK. I was thinking about the price for the superflex kit.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasona33
OK. I was thinking about the price for the superflex kit.
The RE 3.5 SF kit is an excellent kit - especially for the money. RE has a new lift that is about 579 that seems to include everything but the arms and longer brake lines (it uses drop brackets). They say it is easy to upgrade to the full SF lift or LA kit.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default pro comp lift

well i have owned 2 pro comp lifts in my time, i had a 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara, and i put a pro comp stage 1 4" kit on it and i never had any problems, it worked great, only think it was lacking was the front adjustable track bar, but other than that it was fine, then i traded it in for a 2008 jeep wrangler x 2dr, and i went ahead and put a 2.5" comfort ride suspension lift and it works great, i surely got more than 2.5" out of that coil lift, and i also added a daystar 3/4" spacer on top of each coil and it looks taller than the 4" lift on my unlimited, i never actually measured to see now many inches of lift i got, but it ended up looking great, it rides great, just again it was lacking that adjustable track bar, which i ended up putting a jks adjustable track bar, now its looks awesome, just that the front sway bar links remain original too, instead it comes with a drop down bracket that attaches to the frame to bring the whole sway bar lower, but the original sway bar links still look too small, it necessary needs some new ones, on the positive side the rear track bar bracket is massive and well made, i really trust it a lot, it attaches very well...

overall i recommend pro comp lifts, i havent had any problems, and all were between 5 and 6 hundred dollars, not bad at all.....
Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chuck45
The RE 3.5 SF kit is an excellent kit - especially for the money. RE has a new lift that is about 579 that seems to include everything but the arms and longer brake lines (it uses drop brackets). They say it is easy to upgrade to the full SF lift or LA kit.
I went with the 3.5" superflex kit and am very happy. If you look hard enough it can be picked up with the RE shocks for the price listed on their web sight delivered to your door.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is mine

I have the 4" stage II Procomp and its not that bad. It wont give you a full 4" thats for sure. I have 1" spacers and i 1" body lift to clear 37's. I think it drives great on road and performs well off road, i did get rid of the stiff shocks that came with the kit and added the OME long travel shock. If i had to do it over i would probably get the tera flex or the currie kits.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the ProComp Stage II 4" lift. I have had it on for 30,000 miles now. No major problems, just a little sqeaky no matter how much I grease the joints. Maybe that is normal? This was my first lift (and Jeep) so I was relying on the advice of 4 Wheel Parts. They were close to my house and I figured if I had any problems I could easily run over there. Next time around I will probably go another route now that I know more about lifts.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

if your joints are squeeking on your lowers take the joint out clean it and regrease them. It happened to me as well i had sand in them took them apart and regreased them,no more squeeks for mine
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Default save your money

the procomp lift ... from experience...

1) no adjustable trackbar so the body will not center over the tires
2) you will have bump steer since stock arms don't flex (like teraflex)
3) if you disconnect swaybar and go offroad your front spring will spin out and you will keep having to reset in perch
4) the springs will conpress and cause jeep to 'bottom out'
5) not a true 4" lift, so to use larger tires you will need to install a body lift (not reccomended) or throw procomp lift away and start over.

if you still want procomp i will sell you mine along with the MX6 shocks!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

QUOTE: I picked the brains of a lot of people and 4x4 shops before I picked a lift. I have never encountered a shop that recommended them. The most complimentary thing I ever heard was that their lifts were ok in pickups but lousy in Jeeps. Do yourself a favor and pick another lift. 4 Wheel Parts is way down on my list of people whose advice should be listened too - actually they're off the list. QUOTE by Chuck45

As with almost any product - some will like it others won't.
I would actually listen to someone who has a lift from them - no anecdotal heresay. I have the 2.5" lift that gave me 4" of lift. The ride is nicer than stock ( I had the tow package suspension) and other than getting almost twice the lift I thought I was getting - I love it.

The price was great, the lift is great the ride is better than stock... great lift.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 05-14-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
the procomp lift ... from experience...

1) no adjustable trackbar so the body will not center over the tires
2) you will have bump steer since stock arms don't flex (like teraflex)
3) if you disconnect swaybar and go offroad your front spring will spin out and you will keep having to reset in perch
4) the springs will conpress and cause jeep to 'bottom out'
5) not a true 4" lift, so to use larger tires you will need to install a body lift (not reccomended) or throw procomp lift away and start over.

if you still want procomp i will sell you mine along with the MX6 shocks!
As my local 4wd shop told me when I was looking for a lift - they make good truck lifts but lousy Jeep lifts. I'd avoid them.

Quick Reply: pro comp lift kits