Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pro comp lift kits

Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro comp lift kits

Does anyone use this brand. Why don't you see many people using pro comp? I am close to pulling the trigger on the stage 1 4 inch lift. After talking to the guys at 4 wheel parts they seem to think it is the best lift for the money. any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the 2 inch lift (coils ,shocks) in both of my TJs and had good luck. The only problem I had was that the paint didn't stay on them and they looked like crap after a northeast winter (looks like you wouldn't have to worry about that in CA though) The pricing was good . I eventually replaced the shocks out too with Ranchos because the bushings wore out?? They weren't covered under the "lifetime warranty". I like Pro Comp, but probably won't use again for lifts.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

i used a procomp lift on a Superduty, it rode pretty stiff but never had an issue with it, but went with BDS for my next lift.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have never used it, but a good friend has....He bought a different lift after about a year. I'm not sure why, he would only say he wanted something else
Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

$Wheel Parts owns pro-comp, they always push it. I know from personal experience their monotube mx-6 shocks are great. I dont like how their control arms are designed though. The triangular tube decreases clearance.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use the 4'' stage 4 kit. its nice but for the money it didnt come with adj. control arms in the upper rear. also the rear track bar mount (cam bolt) stinks so plan on buying an adj. rear track bar. the fixed lower arms seem to be the right length so thats not an issue. if i did it again, i'd get a more complete kit with better components. i think the best value out there is the OME kit paired up with the jks asses. call northridge for info on that. oh, ive got almost 20,000 miles on my lift and changed the bushings last month.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

I am enjoying my 4" stage II lift it has great road manners and performs great offroad. And although the triangulated control arms do have less clearance than tube control arms they are strong and seem to just slide over everything and dont become hung up.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Be very careful if you are dealing with 4 Wheel Parts in San Marcos. They are a bit shady, especially the salesman who says he's "honest."

Also, 4 Wheel Parts owns Pro Comp.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't know that they owned Pro-Comp? Learn something new every day
Old 04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running Pro Comp, have on two other Jeeps. My JK rides better than stock and has a nice stance.

Quick Reply: pro comp lift kits