Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Knight Khrome Wheels are JUNK

Old 04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp Knight Khrome Wheels are JUNK

If you like the look of the Pro Comp Knight Khrome change your mind and run fast...these are the poorest quality wheels on the market for a ridiculous price.. I am on second set of these going on a third.. the finish peels off them like dry skin...upon getting my second set of wheels it took 11 try to match the correct shade and they all had the same part number...anyone else have this bullshit problem..:
Old 04-15-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grant211
wow, not sure whats going on with your set. Mine are holding up just fine. Did you order yours or did you go to the store and get them? There is another member here that ordered them and they were mix matched in colors.

I guess I am lucky so far

Mind explaining and sharing pics of what your experiencing of the faulty rims?

Well you live in Florida and he lives in PA. The road salt could be part of the problem I'm guessing.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will have pics tonight..the first time the finish flaked off around were the tires meets the rim and the second is not 2 weeks old and upon washing i discovered the finish wore off to the black base with no curb rash. i went though some mud but i didnt spin them or get stuck..these wheels should hold up to some elements
Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased these wheels though a store and they have been amazing with service.. i have not payed a dollar in shipping with all wheel mistakes..but the manager there spoke to a guy from pro comp and he said they are having problems with the powder coat lines with quality and shades.. and just today i went to a powder coating buisness and he explained to me that it seems that the wheels werent properly pretreated before coating
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep Procomp told me they have a problem with matching between different batches, they shouldnt be selling these damn wheels , they know they can't match them. Then dealers like 4wheelparts wont exchange them even though they know there is a problem.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have heard from another member where he bought five and only one is the true knight khrome..the shitty part that he will have to pay shipping for something that is not his mistake...i was in a similar situaton with gibson. a weld broke on my muffler and i had to pay shipping for them to send me a new one then i had pay shipping for me to return my busted ass muffler, in the end i was 90 bucks in the hole for something not my fault..
Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

And I was SERIOUSLY thinking about these rims!.. dang..
I know The Brit has some on his rig.. I believe he's from Colorado.. I wonder if he's having any issues?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

let pro comp work out its bugs, then buy them.. they are beautiful wheels
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

i got the same problem of clear peerling with my 8089 series. they was warranty, but the distributor of teh retailler said he never import this model over the border ....

So i sold it at cheap price ...bye bye.

buffed twice a year, never see the salt, never go on a gravel road, only highway.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
DeadEye J

My JK came with a set of new Knight Chrome's. Two are dark, two are medium, and one just looks like regular chrome. I've yet to contact ProComp directly, but I'm not the original purchaser, and the previous owner lives about 1600 miles away. Unless ProComp turns out to be a VERY stand up company, I'm screwed.

Maybe I'll sand blast them and paint them a graphite gray color...

Jared

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Knight Khrome Wheels are JUNK