Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks..Good,Bad???

Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks..Good,Bad???

Anybody have any input on ProComps ES9000 series shocks? I was looking at a full set that included the SS online at a price I almost cannot pass up! Also, gas.....hydraulic... Whats the difference??

I drive mostly highway miles and want to upgrade my shocks, ESPECIALLY my SS (which stock shit the bed @ 4,000 miles). I am also currently running a 2"bb and 33x12.50x15's...any suggestions??
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Honestly, I would pass on these as they are a harsh riding shock. If you can afford it, you really should consider a good monotube gas charged shock (like OME, Bilstein, M-Force) over a twintube hydro shock. The ride quality is substantially better.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to agree with wayoflife. With the lighter JK....I would look at a gas shock as well as they could make a very harsh ride.

I have the Procomp ES9000 currently on my Ram3500 CTD as I basically travel bush roads everyday... I got a stiffer shock because of the 1100lb engine in my front end. The Procomp ES9000 shocks have really smoothed my Ram 3500's ride on the Gravel roads over the previous gas shocks I had.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks..Good,Bad???