Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp back orders

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp back orders

Does anybody know why so may Pro Comp wheels are on back order? When I order mine I was told they would ship in three weeks but now I'm on week five!!! And still no ship date.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my Pro Comp 7068's on order for over 2 months before I cancelled them. They are on back order everywhere due to the earthquake China had in March as that is where they are manufactured. It's not only Pro Comp but Mickey Thompson and some others. You would probably be better off cancelling and finding a different wheel.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Ya thats what I've been thinking!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's funny because I'm in the same boat. I wanted the Pro Comp 7105 and was going to order from 4wd.com but the rep said they were not going to be in until January. They did have the 7005 in stock but I really liked the polished lip on the 7105. I ended up checking with Quadratec and they said that Pro Comp shows them coming in next week. Based on that I placed the order.

The funny/odd thing is that the rep at 4wd.com said he had to charge me right away and Quadratec said they don't charge you until they ship (which seems normal to me). I guess I need to keep my fingers crossed that Quadratec is actually not just blowing smoke here. Time will tell.

In the end, if you want the 7005's, you can get them at 4wd.com (this was for 17" btw). Hope this helps!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubi3
It's funny because I'm in the same boat. I wanted the Pro Comp 7105 and was going to order from 4wd.com but the rep said they were not going to be in until January. They did have the 7005 in stock but I really liked the polished lip on the 7105. I ended up checking with Quadratec and they said that Pro Comp shows them coming in next week. Based on that I placed the order.

The funny/odd thing is that the rep at 4wd.com said he had to charge me right away and Quadratec said they don't charge you until they ship (which seems normal to me). I guess I need to keep my fingers crossed that Quadratec is actually not just blowing smoke here. Time will tell.

In the end, if you want the 7005's, you can get them at 4wd.com (this was for 17" btw). Hope this helps!
4wd.com charged me for mine when I ordered and told me 1 week. Each time I would call I kept getting the same story 1 week to 2 weeks max. I know it isn't much but think if you order your wheels from them and they go ahead and charge your card and you don't receive any product for ever how many months look at all of the money they are making off of people alone in interest. You know there are probably several hundred people waiting on wheels they have already been charged for. That = out to a lot of money! Needless to say, I was pretty pissed and have since took my business to several other vendors. 4wd isn't the same anymore since Transamerican Auto Parts took them over after Tom passed away. If they would have just been honest up front and told me what was going on it wouldn't have bothered me in the least as I could have been shopping somewhere else or looking for a different wheel.

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree that the experience in dealing with 4WD was not great. Another thing (sorry to hi-jack the thread) that rubbed me the wrong was was that I was trying to get them to match prices on the Nitto tires that I was going to order with the wheels. Discount Tire had them for cheap and when I mentioned this he said they would be losing money if they were to match that price. I asked about the 90 day price match guarantee that they have right on the page next to the tires (and all parts) and how was't what he was saying contradicting that when I was then told that they only did that they they weren't losing money on the deal.

I get that it's not good business to lose money, but then I feel like you shouldn't have a price match guarantee. What that tells me is that had I purchased the tires through 4WD I would have been SOL the $40 per tire that I could have saved at Discount Tire.

In the end, that paired with the "We'll charge your card and hopefully send you wheels some day" process pretty much made up my mind that I wouldn't be doing any business there then, or in the future.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input yall have made up my mind!!! 4wd has aways done me right but this is out of control!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JCS78
Thanks for the input yall have made up my mind!!! 4wd has aways done me right but this is out of control!
Same deal not trying to jack the thread but they used to be the best in the Jeep aftermarket. The original owner Tom(yes I have been into Jeeps that long ) was an awesome guy who would bend over backwards to make sure you were taken care of. Since his passing they have completely went the way of 4 wheel parts.I am not trying to plug anyone here but I ended up ordering from Tire Rack. Their prices were on par with everyone else but you do have to pay shipping which is why I only bought my wheels through them and my tires local. Their customer service has been the best I have ever received in the aftermarket parts world. In the end the shipping I paid has more than made up for the customer service I received and I feel like I received a better quality wheel than the Pro Comp at a better price.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put my order in for Pro Comp 7069's back in July.....and just yesturday, I found out that Joe @ Quadratec has them in and on hold for me!!!

Gonna go call him now and hopefully get those babies shipped out today!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by needalift
I put my order in for Pro Comp 7069's back in July.....and just yesturday, I found out that Joe @ Quadratec has them in and on hold for me!!!

Gonna go call him now and hopefully get those babies shipped out today!!
Congrats to you man!

Quick Reply: Pro Comp back orders