Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp 98 Series Wheels

Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp 98 Series Wheels

Hey Guys. I recently cleaned my three month old wheels with a mild wheel and tire cleaner and one of them (only one) started to look kinda muted. Almost like the finish was disappearing? It's strange it only happened to one wheel, the rest are shiny as can be. Any ideas would be helpful as to what it is and how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	361589
Old 09-03-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered 5 procomp wheels and two were not the same color as the others. I called Procomp and they would not respond to my calls or emails. Needless to say i will not buy their products anymore. Maybe try returning the bad one to the place where you purchased it.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're sure all of the soap is rinsed you might try using a polishing compound on it then wax. I know polishing compound worked to fix oxidized paint and surface scratches for me in the past. You may want to contact the mfg before doing anything more to it first though. They may replace it for you if it has a defective finish.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 98 Series Wheels