Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp 6" or Evo Coil Over?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp 6" or Evo Coil Over?

Which way would you go? Any reviews for the pro comp? Looks like the full Evo system is about 6 g's.

Last edited by HornetBall; 03-07-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Go evo coilover. I have no experience with the Pro Comp but I have heard bad things about their Jeep stuff. For what it's worth. Hope you get more specific answers!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HornetBall
Which way would you go? Any reviews for the pro comp? Looks like the full Evo system is about 6 g's.
No direct experience with either one, but based on years of knowledge and reading of reviews on several forums, I would not put these two lifts in the same catagory on any level. If you can afford EVO, go with EVO. If not, do a lot more research before making a selection. There are several 6 inch lifts out there with great reputations.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Yes, ORE coilovers on all 4 corners are about 6k, but you may want to start with only the front
pair first, which is what I did. Getting the rears installed tomorrow. When I first got the JK,
I had the Skyjacker lift, which I did not like. Then went with the 3" full flex Teraflex, which I
really liked. Now coilovers. If I had it to do over, would have STARTED with coilovers from
day one!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepnboy
No direct experience with either one, but based on years of knowledge and reading of reviews on several forums, I would not put these two lifts in the same catagory on any level. If you can afford EVO, go with EVO. If not, do a lot more research before making a selection. There are several 6 inch lifts out there with great reputations.
Exactly right, these two lifts are totally different.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No comparison between the 2 lifts. If you have the money go EVO..... if you dont have the money I would go with a 6" lift other than Pro Comp.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, there is no comparison between the two. the EVO coilovers are in a league of their own and even when it comes to standard lift kits, pro comp is a low end model.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 6" or Evo Coil Over?