Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp 4in Short Arm Lift Rear suspension creaking......

Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp 4in Short Arm Lift Rear suspension creaking......

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have a new to me 08 JK Unlimited. It has the Pro Comp 4in Short Arm Lift. I am having some serious rear suspension creaking noises. You can push down on the rear bumper and it will creak. You really notice it as well during low speed driving or off pavement. I have looked underneath and everything appears to be in order. Nothing appears to be loose, bent or broken. Has anyone encountered this before or have a solution for me. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update to creaking suspension

I figured it out. My creaking noise was coming from my right rear lower control arm. It has a rebuildable bushing where it meets the frame. I bought the rebuild kit from 4wd.com. It is an interesting design. It consists of round plastic bushings almost like a split ball and socket joint. It is not a conventional heim joint. It was not hard to rebuild it. I found it easier just to remove the whole control arm. The rebuild kit did not come with instructions but I found them on Pro Comps web site. You need the instructions if you are not familiar. It has a set screw and snap ring. The kit also comes with a special tool to disassemble the bushing. It immediately solved my problem. I am surprised that no one else has had this issue with the Pro Comp Kit. I had to figure it out myself so hopefully this post will help somebody in the future.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 4in Short Arm Lift Rear suspension creaking......