Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp 1.75 vs TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit

Old 03-15-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if wheel spacers are needed if running the TF spacer leveling kit and stock wheels?
Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Amp'd JK
Any truth to the rumour that Teraflex is in receivership??
Didn't hear that one.

I liked their FB page...I get updates on their construction of their new facility
Old 03-15-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

To the OP...I installed the TF puck level kit almost a year ago, very happy with it....it really leveled it out perfectly!!

I'm pretty sure the AEV kit will also level you out, but you need to remove (and not re-install) the rear factory spring isolator. You an always give AEV tech support a call, they have great customer service as does TeraFlex.

If it were me, I'd go with the TF PC, 2" in the front, and 1" out back, and the ability to carry a bit more weight if you add some nice bumpers.
Plus, you can add in some spacers if needed to compensate for weight, sag over time ect...The cool thing with spacers is you can control the ride height...every coil lift will put you higher then you think with stock OEM bumpers.

The TF spacer lift is a great price, and I went this way as I had to fund new ball joints at the same time I'm thinking of the TF PC and playing with spacers myself in the future as I'm content with 33's.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amp'd JK
How about the Rough Country 2.5" Series II kit??

I'm trying to decide on a leveling kit and my parts guy recommended the Rough Country 2.5" Series II.

2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-14 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems

It looks to be a very complete kit at a great price. I am also considering the Teraflex 2.5" Lift Kit w/o shocks but it doesn't have as many relocation brackets so I'm a bit confused if it's adequate. It's also much more expensive than the RC but would likely improve offroad handling. I want to alter the factory geometry as little as possible. My JK will be used for camping expeditions on light to moderate off road trails and in the winter will be used on unplowed cottage roads to access snowshoe/skiing trails. I don't foresee lifting my JK and if so it would be after the warranty is up but I will likely upgrade shocks and coils. Tires size will be 265/75r16 with no plans on going larger.

Thanks for the advice.
This looks like a lift all the way around without removing the rake, which isn't exactly what I am looking for. I also haven't heard great things about RC in the Jeep world during my research. I have talked to a few people on this forum about RC and was told to look at other brands.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by peterallen145
Does anyone know if wheel spacers are needed if running the TF spacer leveling kit and stock wheels?
Anybody know?
Old 03-16-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Peterallen145,

I ran my teraflex leveling kit with 285 coopers on stock wheels without spacers for 2 years, only rubbed at full lock. I did install 1.25" spacers, looks and performs better again.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. I have the stock rubicon wheels and tires so hopefully I will be ok with no spacers.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
To the OP...I installed the TF puck level kit almost a year ago, very happy with it....it really leveled it out perfectly!!

I'm pretty sure the AEV kit will also level you out, but you need to remove (and not re-install) the rear factory spring isolator. You an always give AEV tech support a call, they have great customer service as does TeraFlex.

If it were me, I'd go with the TF PC, 2" in the front, and 1" out back, and the ability to carry a bit more weight if you add some nice bumpers.
Plus, you can add in some spacers if needed to compensate for weight, sag over time ect...The cool thing with spacers is you can control the ride height...every coil lift will put you higher then you think with stock OEM bumpers.

The TF spacer lift is a great price, and I went this way as I had to fund new ball joints at the same time I'm thinking of the TF PC and playing with spacers myself in the future as I'm content with 33's.

Thanks for the info! I'm starting to lean towards the TF as its quite a bit cheaper and basically gets the same end result. Did you just install what was included in the kit or did you install any bump stops, brake line brackets etc?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peterallen145
I've copy and pasted this suggestion from a company's website that sells the leveling kit

"If you prefer to run the factory wheels, you may need wheel spacers for proper clearance for larger tires."
Old 03-16-2014, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed today the procomp 1.75" spacer kit on wife's Sahara today and it really looks awsome, much better than stock, ready for new tires, prob 33's, before and after...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1092302671.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	538151   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3526540308.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	538152  

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 1.75 vs TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit