Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp 1.75 vs TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit

Old 03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp 1.75 vs TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit

Looking at both of these kits. I've seen lot's of people running the TF but not many of the PC. Thoughts?

*** This thread also discusses the AEV's 2.0" Spacer Suspension System ***

Last edited by AHunter; 03-16-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pro Comp:
1.75 Inch Leveling Kit

TeraFlex:
| TeraFlex Suspensions

AEV:
http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...cer-suspension

Last edited by AHunter; 03-16-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Pro comp is crap IMO. Their springs are weak and the ride isn't all that grand. I bought some 2" coils from them for my TJ that netted exactly 0" of lift over the stock coils with zero extra weight and 180k miles on the stock coils. They were swapped out in 24 hours.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Pro comp is crap IMO. Their springs are weak and the ride isn't all that grand. I bought some 2" coils from them for my TJ that netted exactly 0" of lift over the stock coils with zero extra weight and 180k miles on the stock coils. They were swapped out in 24 hours.
Coils have zero to do with a leveling kit. Its nothing but spacers.

OP. Buy the cheapest spacers you can find.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock krawler 1.5 with triple rate coils

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-777699403.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	536767

Running on 35s
Old 03-12-2014, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input everyone. I am leaning towards the TF as I haven't heard many Jeeps running the PC. TF seems to be one of the top choices for a spacer leveling kit. Looking to keep the cost down as this is to get me by for a bit until I can get full lift on down the road.

Does anyone know if the AEV 2" Spacer Suspension System levels or just lifts the Jeep 2" all around? I can't seem to find those specs on this kit, I'm assuming if it doesn't say "level" then if won't. It doesn't list the coil spacer sizes either. Anyone run this kit?
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).
Old 03-12-2014, 03:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I had pro comp on my suburban and it was garbage. No warranty and product support either. bought the shocks on their "lifetime warranty". Not true. have a load of terms and conditions.

Teraflex, I am running the teraflex now, and that company stands behind their products and has amazing customer service!

I would not look at Pro comp and teraflex in the same category, spacers or not. GET THE TERAFLEX!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm now leaning towards the aev 2" spacer lift.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That's nice too, just remember it does not level your jeep. I confirmed this with a call to AEV. I was looking at getting it vs my teraflex, but I wanted my jeep to be leveled out. So the teraflex won, plus being much cheaper helps.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
That's nice too, just remember it does not level your jeep. I confirmed this with a call to AEV. I was looking at getting it vs my teraflex, but I wanted my jeep to be leveled out. So the teraflex won, plus being much cheaper helps.
I have been looking into that, that's very good to know that AEV said it doesn't. I have heard both, that yes it will level and that no it won't. I know the coil spacers are different sizes, but is that enough to remove the rake? If it doesn't level then looks like I am going teraflex. Did you buy any other parts when you installed the TF kit? bump stops, shock extension brackets, brake line drop brackets?

Do you have any before and after pics you could post? Overall are you happy with the TF kit? Thanks

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 1.75 vs TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit