Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Com 4 inch, anyone running this??

Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Com 4 inch, anyone running this??

I wasn't really looking at this lift, until the free install deal this month, is there anyone running this? What's your opinion??
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there are a few of us on here. I like the fact that it's cheap. The shocks had to go right away though, too stiff. I have been saving to add control arms and a front track bar to finish it up too.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

How has it held up? Do you like the ride? What shocks did you get?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

It rides sweet with the Fox 2 inch reservoirs. I put the huge expedition tire carrier with a 35" spare and the rear only sagged .5-1 inch. When money permits, I will add control arms to center the rear axle in the rear wheel wells and to adjust the front caster, and add 37"s.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

How much actual lift did you get from the kit??
Old 03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

4" all around
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by fireman9027
I wasn't really looking at this lift, until the free install deal this month, is there anyone running this? What's your opinion??
4WheelParts?

I was sucked into their 'free' install deal a while back. Can you guess how many things they F'd up? Or how the 'expert' behind the counter not only ordered incorrect parts - but had them installed. And after finding that I had the wrong parts, how about being told that the parts were 'used' now, and could not be returned!!!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I have never gotten accurate advice from their experts, I wasted a TON of time and money on a 'free' install, and will never let them touch my vehicle again.

I feel better now.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

I have no idea about their service part, I did it myself and ordered it all from part numbers I found online. This was 4 years ago, as well. If I was going to do it again, I would probably go for a long arm kit with everything I need like TF prerunner kit or Evo's long arm kit.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

If you buy a pro comp lift be sure to get the stage II. I ran the stage II for the last 2 years and it has been a great lift, although the front springs dont handle too much front weight before you start to loose lift. So 1" spacers are needed to keep the rig level with a winch and bumper
Old 03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the ProComp 4" and is a decent lift for the price but you have to add a lot to get it setup right. The shocks are terrible so I have Billsteins on order. Don't install the cam bolt to adjust castor, buy adjustable lower control arms instead. Ad adjustable track bar to center the axle and go from there. You may also need to add drive shafts because the stocker will eventually fail with 4" of lift and up. I was impressed with the rear track bar relocation bracket, very beefy. And the lift is as advertised. Other 4" lifts like a TeraFlex is taller than the advertised 4". I would also be leary of these online chains to install the lift. Do it yourself and learn to do it right with the great write ups on this forum. They really helped me to do my install myself and forum helped me to trouble shoot lift issues. In retro had I researched this forum before I bought my lift, I would have gone a different route and spent the money on a more complete lift. Although I'm now happy with my setup after tweaking although it is a "Franken lift".

Quick Reply: Pro Com 4 inch, anyone running this??