Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Priced out Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires today - any reason not to get this size?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Priced out Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires today - any reason not to get this size?

Dropped by my local wally world today to pick up oil and a filter for the Jeep and scoped out the stacks of Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires at the tire center. I currently run stock 18's on my Sahara and will throw Blizzaks on there for the winter and plan to buy Pro Comp 7069 17" rims tonight (online).

Prices are as follows

265/75/16 C load tires are $168.50 a piece
245/75/16 E load tires are $150.50 a piece

245/75/17 E load tires are $119 a piece (Walmart will offer $30 off if you buy 4 starting October 7th)

Any reason not to go for the 17" tires? I had them confirm the price and they are in fact cheaper than the others for some strange reason. I assume they will fit the pro-comp rims without a problem but also thought I'd check here first.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I understand they will not be as wide as the others (obvious when you compare one stack or 4 vs the 265's) but they all appear to be about the same height and about what my 18's are. I held the 16 and 17 up to my Jeep and they are a tad bit higher than my 18's but my 18's are getting close to the wear bars so I figure another 1" of tread was probably on them when new. And I don't wheel and don't need the wider tire.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

A friend of mine has them on his truck. He likes them, but the evil walmart will not cover any warranty work on them since they are a "mud tire..." so they told him.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pulled the trigger on the 265/70/17 tonight. Held the 245's up to the jeep and they looked way too skinny.

Quick Reply: Priced out Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires today - any reason not to get this size?