Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: Off Road Evolution EVO 44 Magnum Sealed Axle Sleeves

Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evolution
I am not too concerned with the 44Mag install on your axle your numbers are not that bad and I still think most of that is in your axle Cs.
We also have some great tips that will help make the install as easy as possible.
All include in our directions that will be in every boxes of EVO 44 Magnums.
Mel
Thanks again Mel... Looks like I will get them on order then. Unfortunately, that means the Rock Star Skids that I also wanted will get leap-frogged... They'll be next for sure though. I look forward to meeting you at Moab too...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evolution
For general example:

2.50" Outer Diameter tube, .250" wall thickness (stock axle tube) has a bending strength of 1
2.75" Outer Diameter tube, .250" wall thickness has a bending strength of 2
2.50" Outer Diameter tube, .500" wall thickness (sleeved axle) has a bending strength of 1.3

Overall, a 30% increase is alot stronger than a stock axle without a sleeve.

3/8" - 1/2" holes work great
Andrew,
Thanks for the thoughtful answer, I agree that the 30% increase is good and well worth doing. Doesn't it strike you that this is just one more area where Jeep just saved a dime instead of doing it right. How much trouble would it be to have speced out the axle 1/4" or 1/2" bigger? The rear axle has a bigger OD and we hear of no problems bending them.

As to the holes - how many need to be drilled? It sounds like I'll be giving my Drill Doctor a workout
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
What is the stud, or cylindricl protrusion, at the top of the sleeve? Is it some type of grease fitting for the seals? Does this stick out of the axle tube like it looks like it would have too.

I've got Alloy USA CM shafts; I assume this sleeve setup is compatible with them?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm curious about aftermarket shaft seals also. I know the Superior shaft's require a different seal, how will this work with these? I plan on upgrading my axle shafts this year, need to make sure I have options.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't even have my jeep yet so I will probably hold off ordering these right now, but I'm just wondering what the price will be after the "special offer" goes away? Will it still be the same for the kit but without the option of the $10 cheaper Gussets?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45
What is the stud, or cylindricl protrusion, at the top of the sleeve? Is it some type of grease fitting for the seals? Does this stick out of the axle tube like it looks like it would have too.

I've got Alloy USA CM shafts; I assume this sleeve setup is compatible with them?
I would assume this is where you drill the holes in the actual axles tube, and these fit in place to be welded, kind of like locator pins.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by chuck45
Andrew,
Thanks for the thoughtful answer, I agree that the 30% increase is good and well worth doing. Doesn't it strike you that this is just one more area where Jeep just saved a dime instead of doing it right. How much trouble would it be to have speced out the axle 1/4" or 1/2" bigger? The rear axle has a bigger OD and we hear of no problems bending them.

As to the holes - how many need to be drilled? It sounds like I'll be giving my Drill Doctor a workout
I would not be so tuff on Jeep
It handles the stock tires fine

As far as how many holes
All the directions and tips will be in the Boxs
Mel
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

why does my cursed ex wife have to take so much of my hard earned money.....

or at least it seems that way when i see something i would like to have for my rig.

EVO, any chance you have install instructions online to take a look at?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

For fun here are pics of my sleeved axle for reference.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleeve.JPG
Views:	1441
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	20599  
Old 03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I just Ordered mine

I cant wait to get these puppies installed Also grabbed the c2 gussets and the powder coated black Evo Fairlead.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Off Road Evolution EVO 44 Magnum Sealed Axle Sleeves