Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE : J.E. Reel Offers Must-Have Driveshaft Solutions for Lifted 2012 JK's

Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is all the talk saying you won't driveshafts on 2 doors or automatic talk. I have a 12 jk with 4" rough country lift and 33"s now but new 35's going on tomo, upon looking I don't see where the driveshaft is pinched or
Near hitting the crossover pipe. So is it just needed for the jku's. TY from a newb lol
Old 03-10-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Installed a BDS 4.5" on my 2012 JKU Rubi.... No Y pipe but installed the BDS spacers that came with the kit. The exhaust I believe is clearing fine but I hit a bump last night and heard a clunk noise. On my way up to the shop this morning to check it out.... Any thoughts?????
Old 03-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by OJ2012
What is all the talk saying you won't driveshafts on 2 doors or automatic talk. I have a 12 jk with 4" rough country lift and 33"s now but new 35's going on tomo, upon looking I don't see where the driveshaft is pinched or
Near hitting the crossover pipe. So is it just needed for the jku's. TY from a newb lol
Not sure I follow what you're asking...yes, we do driveshafts for 2-door automatics. The issues with the '12 front driveshafts apply to both 2 and 4-door JKs. If you're not having clearance or wear issues, congrats! But keep a close eye on that front shaft!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by MtraXX
Installed a BDS 4.5" on my 2012 JKU Rubi.... No Y pipe but installed the BDS spacers that came with the kit. The exhaust I believe is clearing fine but I hit a bump last night and heard a clunk noise. On my way up to the shop this morning to check it out.... Any thoughts?????
A clunk could be anything...I would say the best thing would be to take a look at the driveshaft and see if there are any marks on it from it making contact with the crossover. Beyond that, if you just installed the lift it would be a good idea to double-check the torque on all the fasteners associated with the lift...it's recommended after 500 or so miles.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by ROKLIMO
I have a 1310 replacement driveshaft off of my 2007 JKUR (automatic) including the replacement yokes. Will this work on my 2012? They both have the same amount of lift.
NO, the 1310 shaft from your 07 will NOT work on a '12. There is a 2" difference in the length of the shafts. You could, however, have the existing 1310 conversion shaft modified to work in the '12. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Reel Driveline; 03-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE : J.E. Reel Offers Must-Have Driveshaft Solutions for Lifted 2012 JK's