Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: Die-Tech Off-Road EVAP Canister Relocation Kit

Old 05-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Machine154
Question for you - which JKs have the body mount at the ends of the frame crossmember that the plate is attached to? I was surprised to find that mine did not. I had no problem sliding in the nut bar, but made me wonder why I don't have them?
It should if you insert it from the passenger end. I think if you're stock it can be difficult to get it in from the drivers side. It's been awhile since I did it, so I'm trying to remember the specifics. You may have noticed that the plate from the Kilby doesn't sit in there all that stable either. It can make starting the thread a little difficult. Ours has been engineered to fit in there like it belongs. Our engineers didn't think it would go in through the drivers side. (But, don't let that the from stopping you try.)
Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
It should if you insert it from the passenger end. I think if you're stock it can be difficult to get it in from the drivers side. It's been awhile since I did it, so I'm trying to remember the specifics. You may have noticed that the plate from the Kilby doesn't sit in there all that stable either. It can make starting the thread a little difficult. Ours has been engineered to fit in there like it belongs. Our engineers didn't think it would go in through the drivers side. (But, don't let that the from stopping you try.)

Thank you, but I think you misunderstood my question. I do not have body mounts in the crossmember. I was wondering if you knew which models have them and which don't? or do I have a defective JK?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
nice kit!!

can you guys fab a spare tire bike rack that adjusts to fit a 35" tire ? please?

you'll be the 1st!
My swagman tire carrier one worked fine with the 35s on my old 2dr. It has an extension that accommodates up to a 37" tire, if I remember right. The part that goes behind the tire and through the center cap is longer. They offer two sizes.

I love being able to open the tailgate with the bike on there.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor

Thank you, but I think you misunderstood my question. I do not have body mounts in the crossmember. I was wondering if you knew which models have them and which don't? or do I have a defective JK?
I don't know what I was thinking. Like I said it has been awhile since I looked at it that closely. Here are the two pictures that show where the nut bar goes in. Are you saying you don't have the two body bolts to either side of the opening?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know what I was thinking. Like I said it has been awhile since I looked at it that closely. Here are the two pictures that show where the nut bar goes in. Are you saying you don't have the two body bolts to either side of the opening?
YUP!!! There is just a big hole there. Made the nut plate install easy, but makes me a little nervous at the same time.

Last edited by Machine154; 05-01-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor

YUP!!! There is just a big hole there.
Yikes! That sounds like a bad deal. Do you want me to get some pictures up into the frame rails to see what it connects to? I can also try to get you part numbers if you need them.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

YUP!!! There is just a big hole there. Made the nut plate install easy, but makes me a little nervous at the same time.
The 2008 and 2009 2 door does not have the body mounts above the axle. On the bright side it made putting the body lift real easy
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yikes! That sounds like a bad deal. Do you want me to get some pictures up into the frame rails to see what it connects to? I can also try to get you part numbers if you need them.
Well, first I wanted to know if maybe this was a model-specific change where they don't think they are needed anymore or something. When I was underneath, it didn't look like it was a perfect line up with something above, but maybe a little askew. I think I should check some other JKs, maybe starting with 2009 2 door and 4 doors. I thought that maybe you had heard of this before, since you would be referencing it in your instructions. Thanks for your replies. If you hear of anyone else, I would be interested in knowing.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
The 2008 and 2009 2 door does not have the body mounts above the axle. On the bright side it made putting the body lift real easy
Ahhhh - that is what I was looking for!!!! Thanks, BaltChief! Are you a mechanic or body guy or something?

Sorry for the thread Hi-Jack, tgrt!

Last edited by Machine154; 05-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Ahhhh - that is what I was looking for!!!! Thanks, BaltChief! Are you a mechanic or body guy or something?
Nope....just a damn good looking guy who owns a 2008 2dr

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Die-Tech Off-Road EVAP Canister Relocation Kit