Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: Die-Tech Off-Road EVAP Canister Relocation Kit

Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Arrow PRESS RELEASE: Die-Tech Off-Road EVAP Canister Relocation Kit

As many Jeep JK Wrangler owners have found, the EVAP or evaporator canister is yet another vulnerable part under your rig that really could use some protection. Countless people have crushed or torn off this small plastic box while simply doing moderate or even sometimes light off-roading and unfortuantely, it is a critical component of your Jeep’s emissions system.

What is the solution? You have two options, either you protect it or relocate it. At Die-Tech Off-Road, we believe that the best answer to this problem is to relocate it as any skid plate could still leave you vulnerable to getting the canister hung up and or torn off. Needles to say, the relocation kit we make effectively moves the evaporator canister above the rear axle and above a thick steel plate for maximum protection.

In addition to maximum protection, we have designed our relocation bracket to use factory mounting points to make installation easy and be a 100% bolt on solution. In other words, NO cutting or drilling into the body is required and to make things even easier, we’ve even cut all hose extensions to the proper length for you. Our kit comes powder coated black. And we’re proud to say that our kit is made in the USA

For more information regarding Die-Tech Off-road and the products that they make, please visit their website at: www.dietechoffroad.com
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this only work on cartoon invisible jeeps. Like Wonder Woman's jet. haha
Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Does this only work on cartoon invisible jeeps. Like Wonder Woman's jet. haha
We haven't tested on any cartoon or visible Jeeps. Maybe we should?

For you, here are the thumbnails for the pictures off the site. Click them for a full view.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering which I should do, relocate or skid plate. I thought I saw a mention on the forum that if you relocate you loose some factory warranty. Is this correct?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hohokom
I am considering which I should do, relocate or skid plate. I thought I saw a mention on the forum that if you relocate you loose some factory warranty. Is this correct?
No that is incorrect. In order to lose your warranty an aftermarket part has to be the direct cause of the failure. You are protected by the Magnusson-Moss act -- i.e. it's law.

Of course that doesn't stop dealers from fighting you on things, but you could have the same idiots say the same thing if you do a skid plate. The only way to avoid that conflict completely is not to modify your Jeep or offroad it at all. Obviously, that's not a good option.

The other thing to consider is that the relocation is not a scary process that is messing with your fuel system. The only thing that isn't a plug or a bolt is the extension to the line from the gas tank. For that you cut the line and add the extension. The cut is necessary, because there are specialized plugs on both ends. The evap. canister "technically" is not essential to the operation of your vehicle. It's essential in the sense many areas have emissions standards. However, if your connections are tight you'll have vacuum, and if you have vacuum the computer will be happy.

Our relocation kit doesn't modify anything else (including no cutting or drilling into the body). That means you can return it to stock if you so desire.

Last edited by tgrt; 05-01-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Default spare tire bike rack

Originally Posted by tgrt
No that is incorrect. In order to lose your warranty an aftermarket part has to be the direct cause of the failure. You are protected by the Magnusson-Moss act -- i.e. it's law.

Of course that doesn't stop dealers from fighting you on things, but you could have the same idiots say the same thing if you do a skid plate. The only way to avoid that conflict completely is not to modify your Jeep or offroad it at all. Obviously, that's not a good option.

The other thing to consider is that the relocation is not a scary process that is messing with your fuel system. The only thing that isn't a plug or a bolt is the extension to the line from the gas tank. For that you cut the line and add the extension. The cut is necessary, because there are specialized plugs on both ends. The evap. canister "technically" is not essential to the operation of your vehicle. It's essential in the sense many areas have emissions standards. However, if your connections are tight you'll have vacuum, and if you have vacuum the computer will be happy.

Our relocation kit doesn't modify anything else (including no cutting or drilling into the body). That means you can return it to stock if you so desire.
nice kit!!

can you guys fab a spare tire bike rack that adjusts to fit a 35" tire ? please?

you'll be the 1st!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

The plate looks the same as the Kilby and mounts in the same spot. Is this the same kit?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Machine154
The plate looks the same as the Kilby and mounts in the same spot. Is this the same kit?
Just about. We took their design and made some minor improvements. One in particular that I remember is improving the fit of the nut bar that allows the cross member to support the plate with no drilling, tapping, etc. We also provide the hose cut to length which makes the install that much easier.

Probably the biggest improvement though is the price which is over 20% less.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
nice kit!!

can you guys fab a spare tire bike rack that adjusts to fit a 35" tire ? please?

you'll be the 1st!
Interesting. PM me with more details of how you would want it to work and I'll bring it to the product steering group.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
Probably the biggest improvement though is the price which is over 20% less.

Looks like I bought mine about 1 month too early!

Question for you - which JKs have the body mount at the ends of the frame crossmember that the plate is attached to? I was surprised to find that mine did not. I had no problem sliding in the nut bar, but made me wonder why I don't have them?

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Die-Tech Off-Road EVAP Canister Relocation Kit