Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pre-runner style bumper: Whats your opinion?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use one if you are doing steep rock crawling. You flop the jeep it prevents the radiator from getting crushed helping the chances of being able to drive away from a roll.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

If you wheel in larger open areas, they are good to push away tall grass and small brush before it hits your grill. Pushes away bushes and tree limbs on trails. Also great for pushing around shopping carts
Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stingers

Aren't Stinger's purposes to keep the front end of the vehicle off the ground in-case of a rollover (Since it protrudes up past the hood)? That way there's a possibility of not having to be towed out?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DsiDan

Multiple purposes, thats why they are cool. You should see the ones they use in Antarctica to keep um from falling in ice cracks.
I'll check 'em out. I love the look of stingers! But ultimately decided I didn't want it on my jeep.

Quick Reply: Pre-runner style bumper: Whats your opinion?