Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pre 35s check list

Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I'm researching the whole 35" tire upgrade with all the misc things that come with it, mounting the spare with existing tire carrier would be nice bonus, could you elaborate on MBRP brackets?

Thanks

Matthew
The MBRP brackets replace the welded nut/bolts from the factory that your spare tire carrier mounts to. The brackets are a flat metal plate that will help distribute the weight of the tire better across the surface of the tail gate better than just the factory bolts so it helps relieve some of the stress. Its not a fix all and eventually you should get a carrier but it is cheap insurance for a little while of running the spare on your stock carrier.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have an 07 jku and a 35 spare fits in the cargo area perfectly. Thats what I did then I just removed the carrier and 3rd brake light,havent been hasseled yet for not having it. When I removed the carier I just put the bolts back in the holes ,reinstalled my cb antenna mount with shorter bolts and put rubber plugs in the holes for the rubber tire bumpers.

Quick Reply: Pre 35s check list