Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power steering upgrade question

Old 05-18-2022, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by lotsOHobbies
im wondering do I need hydraulic ram assist? Would just the upgraded psc gearbox and pump be enough?
Last month I had the same conversation with a guy in my off-road club. I kept suggested that he adds hydro assist to his ported psc gear box. He said no because his “shop” said that the big box was enough. Sure thing, the next run we did together his gear box ripped off his frame from the stress it was holding onto. Two of the 4 bolts sheared, the other two pulled out of the gear box and stripped the threads. If he had hydro assist, that would have not happened. The cylinder absorbs so much stress and helps strengthen the steering system. It’s more than just cool points for easy steering on the rocks.

Quick Reply: Power steering upgrade question