Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's

Old 05-15-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am right now looking for a way to remove my 2011 power/heated mirrors. i just unbolted them, hoping there would just be a something to unplug. nope. sorry i didnt read this post till after, i could have snapped a pic of the wiring. they are coming off again soon, so ill grab that shot for those of you that want to see. i can confirm that there are 6 wires. 2 connect direct to the mirror glass - assume those are for heat. another 4 plug into the motor behind the mirror.

if anyone knows the best way to disconnect these wires so that they can be easily re-connected later, please post up!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up getting a set of the power mirrors for $160 and wired them up.

The mirrors came with a pig-tail that was just over a foot long.

It did not seem that the mirrors would unplug easily and may require removing door panels although I do not know how the wiring is configured on the 2011's.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

i just removed my power/heated mirror (just 1 so far) from my 2011. here is a pic of the wiring coming out of the door, going to the mirror. note the extra hole next to the 2 mounting bolts. (sorry its sidways)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror_outside.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	161278

and here is the hole (behind the door panel) that wire comes out of (just below that piece of elec tape):

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror_inside.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	161280

im not sure how you would run the wire thru the door like this. i attached fishing line to the wiring harness before i pulled it out. so now i have that tapped off at both ends so i can rerun wires thru there again if i need to. hope this helps...
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok so since december i have been trying to figure out how to remove my power mirrors all along you guys are trying to take yours off. I will be more than happy to sell you mine if someone can guide me on how to disconnect the wiring? this is more of a personal preference and since the wife got me the RR quick release mirrors for christmas, i would rather use those. i really do not have a use for the heat since i live in fl. i got as far as unbolting the mirrors and was about to remove the side panels to look at what it looks like underneath.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you will have to remove to door panel, unplug the mirror harness from the door harness then pull the wire out along with the mirror itself.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mirrors for Sale?

Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo15
ok so since december i have been trying to figure out how to remove my power mirrors all along you guys are trying to take yours off. I will be more than happy to sell you mine if someone can guide me on how to disconnect the wiring? this is more of a personal preference and since the wife got me the RR quick release mirrors for christmas, i would rather use those. i really do not have a use for the heat since i live in fl. i got as far as unbolting the mirrors and was about to remove the side panels to look at what it looks like underneath.
Hello, still have those mirrors for sell? Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 AM
JK Newbie

Been looking around for a while &following this topic and tadaaa
the good news are here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...3/#post3403868

Cheers
John

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's