Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's

Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK power and heated mirrors

FYI

Off Road Engineering is coming out with a power/heated mirror kit for 07 to 2010 JK'S.
It should be available in a few weeks.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daubie
power / heated mirrors on a Jeep.........and we wonder why the Jeep wave is dying
I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark
AMEN!! Its seems more and more, year after year, the wranglers pussification(G.Carlin RIP) keeps turning this this rig into an SUV. Some people just need to man up and buy an ice scraper. I guess they dont want to mess up their manacure.
so... all army man are getting this pussification? since they all now have all those gadgets like night vision, bulletproof vest, etc etc???

i think the more usefull "gadgets" we have as option the better. if you dont like power mirror or power windows dont get the option and end of story...

anyway i would love to have power mirror too in my 2010 jk
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Me too. I can do without (and dont like) the new fancy interior. Leather in a Wrangler...come on! But heated mirrors are useful in frozen weather. Sign me up!

Flash
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daubie
power / heated mirrors on a Jeep.........and we wonder why the Jeep wave is dying

Creature comforts are great and all but damnit its a JEEP!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash1034
Me too. I can do without (and dont like) the new fancy interior. Leather in a Wrangler...come on! But heated mirrors are useful in frozen weather. Sign me up!

Flash
ok, you get soda, mud or whatever on your fabric covered seats, and i do the same on my leather seats and see who gets theirs cleaned first. If its good enough for the cow, its good enough for my Jeep.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark
AMEN!! Its seems more and more, year after year, the wranglers pussification(G.Carlin RIP) keeps turning this this rig into an SUV. Some people just need to man up and buy an ice scraper. I guess they dont want to mess up their manacure.
You are so full of fail, its not even funny. It's like saying why invest in targeting computers for the M1 Abrams tank when the 'old school' way of manually targeting out a f'n port window slit is the real way to do it. Or, God forbid you own a remote control for your TV...if you do, you're a f'n hypocrite. Do you have power steering? ABS brakes? An HVAC system? Do you use gloves when you handle winch cables? I could keep going, but I'm sure YOU even realize the stupidity of your stance by now. The world is so full of you, no wonder the HUMAN wave is dying.

Hell, do you even live in COLD weather? Let me guess, you're some jackass that lives in the backcountry bayou of some swampland. Seriously, STFU. There is no weight in your words...come back when there is.

Now, to restore some sense of legitimacy to this post, Off Road Engineering thats developing the kit is charging around $321 shipped, thats with taxes for California. Is it worth it? I don't know yet.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Ok, minor update, need help from a 2011 owner.

I managed to get both power heated mirrors for $76 (5182175AA) and $80 (5182174AA), not sure why they are different prices but they are complete with a 1.5' pigtail with a oval rubber gromet about 5" down from the mirror.

I also found the 2011 Door wiring harness for $35-$40 from the same online wholesaler. and picked them up just in case.

I removed the 2010 basic mirror to verify that the 2011's will bolt up. Everything is good except I cannot see any hole to route the wiring through?

If anyone has a 2011 with the heated mirrors and doesn't mind taking the 2, T40 bolts out the see how the mirror wiring is supposed to be routed...it would really help alot.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Rugged Ridge has new LED turn signal mirrors and there instructions require a hole to be drilled through the door. This might help you run your wires.

4wd.com/images/catalog/products/large/RUG/PDF/11002.14.pdf
Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Hey thanks, I am still wondering where the access hole is on the 2011's, if anyone has the mirror off for any reason snap a pic please?

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's