Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's

Old 02-01-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those prices for 2011 regular mirrors or the power mirrors? Those prices seem too low for the power mirrors...more like the standard mirrors (similar to my 2010 mirrors). The person that mentioned the $160 ish price seems to more in line with what I would expect

I've asked my dealer about fitting the 2011 power/heated mirrors and he is also looking into them. I am heading down there next week for some other work and would love to be able to drive out of there with with my new 5.13's and heated mirrors! This winter had been brutal here in MA.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango777
im accepting delivery of my 11 on friday. Do the mirrors still need to be drilled?
I have not been in a really heavy rain, but I have washed the jeep a few times, and been in some light rain a few times and have not had a problem with the mirrors collecting water.

Last edited by Hawnted; 02-01-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daubie
power / heated mirrors on a Jeep.........and we wonder why the Jeep wave is dying

AMEN!! Its seems more and more, year after year, the wranglers pussification(G.Carlin RIP) keeps turning this this rig into an SUV. Some people just need to man up and buy an ice scraper. I guess they dont want to mess up their manacure.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Are those prices for 2011 regular mirrors or the power mirrors? Those prices seem too low for the power mirrors...more like the standard mirrors (similar to my 2010 mirrors). The person that mentioned the $160 ish price seems to more in line with what I would expect

I've asked my dealer about fitting the 2011 power/heated mirrors and he is also looking into them. I am heading down there next week for some other work and would love to be able to drive out of there with with my new 5.13's and heated mirrors! This winter had been brutal here in MA.
I have been told they are power/heated. It does seem low but untill I know any different these are the ones. The list price is more like $110 - $120.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark
AMEN!! Its seems more and more, year after year, the wranglers pussification(G.Carlin RIP) keeps turning this this rig into an SUV. Some people just need to man up and buy an ice scraper. I guess they dont want to mess up their manacure.
I'm sticking with my "safety feature" story. With all the snow and ice and cold temperatures here in Boston, I seen tons of people driving around with ice covering windshields, headlights and mirrors. The widshield and headlights eventually take care of themseleves if the person is too lazy to scrape but the mirror will be like that for a long time without the heated option. Trying to scrape mirrors in 0 degree temps....you'll end up with broken mirrors. That's why I feel heated mirrors should be a safety featured required by law!

And to those of you that say...."hey, cars have been made for a bazillion years without heated mirrors...if we didn't need them back then, why do we need them now"....all I got to say is..."seatbelts weren't always available either yet I bet you don't get into your Jeep and drive without it buckled"
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mpkelley20

I'm sticking with my "safety feature" story. With all the snow and ice and cold temperatures here in Boston, I seen tons of people driving around with ice covering windshields, headlights and mirrors. The widshield and headlights eventually take care of themseleves if the person is too lazy to scrape but the mirror will be like that for a long time without the heated option. Trying to scrape mirrors in 0 degree temps....you'll end up with broken mirrors. That's why I feel heated mirrors should be a safety featured required by law!

And to those of you that say...."hey, cars have been made for a bazillion years without heated mirrors...if we didn't need them back then, why do we need them now"....all I got to say is..."seatbelts weren't always available either yet I bet you don't get into your Jeep and drive without it buckled"
I never buckle up! I think more and more this world is turning into a bunch of women, for example let's take the NFL no hard hit rule and no hitting the QB! For god sake I have seen harder hits in the lingerie football league and those girls are wearing panties and braes. To all you girls complaining about heated mirrors, put on your big girl panties and let's go wheelen!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by crazyloggy
I never buckle up! I think more and more this world is turning into a bunch of women, for example let's take the NFL no hard hit rule and no hitting the QB! For god sake I have seen harder hits in the lingerie football league and those girls are wearing panties and braes. To all you girls complaining about heated mirrors, put on your big girl panties and let's go wheelen!
Please don't feed the Trolls.........
Old 02-02-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SWAG6mqXXQ
Old 02-04-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Here is a perfect example of why I need heated mirrors! If I try and scrape this 1" thick ice off my mirror, I would more than likely crack the mirror. Think I need to start carrying some de-icer stuff!

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's