Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's

Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daubie
power / heated mirrors on a Jeep.........and we wonder why the Jeep wave is dying
I'd give up every other convienence feature in my JK for HEATED mirrors. After my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse, I vowed never to own another vehicle without this feature. And up until getting my Jeep, I never did. Heated mirros should be standard on cars that are sold in any cold region. Its a safety feature
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
I'd give up every other convienence feature in my JK for HEATED mirrors. After my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse, I vowed never to own another vehicle without this feature. And up until getting my Jeep, I never did. Heated mirros should be standard on cars that are sold in any cold region. Its a safety feature
I couldn't agree more. I just drove 1/4 of a mile to pick my daughter up at a friends place. By the time I got ther the FN mirrors were full of snow. Had her clean the pass side while I did mine. Returned home and needed to clean them again.
If i was to sell the jeep the mirrors being unheated would be the reason.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

I actually sent the Rugged Ridge/Omix-Ada representative on the forum asking if they were planning on making a power/heated mirror kit for the JK, they make kits for TJ/YJ. He said he would ask his R&D department about it.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

my previous car had both heated mirrors and heated steering wheel .... miss that heated steering more than anything
Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 20JK10
I actually sent the Rugged Ridge/Omix-Ada representative on the forum asking if they were planning on making a power/heated mirror kit for the JK, they make kits for TJ/YJ. He said he would ask his R&D department about it.
Not at this time....
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
Not at this time....
Any time line???
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

You should be able to buy the new mirrors at the parts counter. The trick though is controlling both the heat and motor settings...

It'll be interesting when the 2011 shop manual finally comes out to see if control is via a module and can bus, or if it's just a switch right to the controls.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flash1034
I could care less about the power mirror part, but I'd love to have the heated mirror function.

Flash
X2..
i loved the heated mirrors on my Camry...
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fray
You should be able to buy the new mirrors at the parts counter. The trick though is controlling both the heat and motor settings...

It'll be interesting when the 2011 shop manual finally comes out to see if control is via a module and can bus, or if it's just a switch right to the controls.
T hope the adjustment is as simple as using the little joystick switch.

I do know that the heating function is controlled by the same switch as the rear defrost, which on the 2011 is controlled by the push of one of the HVAC knobs.

Perhaps we can simply run a relay from the rear defrost circuit to energize the heated mirrors as well?

Last edited by Matt08jk; 01-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

My local dealer says the 2011 mirrors are $162 ea.
He didn't know if they were plug and play for heat or not. I would have to order one in and see if I could make it work. If it didn't I could return it in the original packaging for a 20% restock fee.

I called my local windshield place, and they can get me hooked up with two heating grids and two new mirror glass for $150.

I'll wire it up myself.

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Inquiry for Pre '11 JK's