Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power inverter

Old 03-28-2015, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
No. On the JKU the lower portion of the seat pivots to the floor when the seat back is folded forward.

Yep.... Which is why, every time I go to lay the seat down, and it doesn't. I forget that I have crap under the seat. then have to remove said crap.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my setup. Just some pics I snagged of someone else's setup...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoxgeKj.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	679545

Click image for larger version

Name:	bGJL3cV.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	679546
Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Where I have it mounted in the center, it still folds down. The seat doesn't tuck totally flat but it is close enough it doesn't affect anything.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default wet floors

Originally Posted by Ncb
No. On the JKU the lower portion of the seat pivots to the floor when the seat back is folded forward.
What about wet floors?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 1500 watt inverter that I keep under the passenger seat. It's not mounted. When I want to use it I set it on the engine and attach to battery with the supplied alligator clips. I run a small extension cord from the inverter to the back of the Jeep. The cord is hidden and remains plugged into the inverter at all times. When researching mounting this I found the farther from the battery you go the heavier gauge lines you need. With the 1500 watt inverter the wire gauge would have been ridiculous and wouldn't fit on my inverter anyway. It's a bit more work to use but I feel it's safer this way and I don't use it often enough to mind. Good luck with your install.

Quick Reply: Power inverter