Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Power!!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
I thought the same thing you did until I Dynod my jeep. I have the charts to prove it.

Stock 2012 puts out 187 to the rear wheel. Mine is putting out 205HP. When I ran it in 3rd gear I got consistant at 224 HP.
I looked for something that shows before and after installation of the CAI and exhaust. Do you have a chart for before?
That data is needed if you want to know how much you gained.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous is much cheaper lol, a little riskier, yes yes yes.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nitrous should not be used. It's good for drag racing but bad off road. Since yo need to have wide open throttle when nitrous is on.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I looked for something that shows before and after installation of the CAI and exhaust. Do you have a chart for before?
That data is needed if you want to know how much you gained.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CkeT6WSg4 and cold air...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ldz1xObUM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkDlcoCEPQ4&list=UUGoxiFY9k5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw&index=8&feature=plcp
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Please say you're joking.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

First I did the superchips flashpaq 87 tune and noticed a difference. I then added a Banks Ram air CAI and I think (operative word) that made a difference. I then added an MBRP ss off road cat back exhaust. I felt like I lost low end torque and it was louder than I personally wanted. I took it off and reinstalled the stock exhaust and like it much better with just the superchips and CAI. So, if I had to do all over again and could only afford one of the above then I choose Superchips.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by johncantello
First I did the superchips flashpaq 87 tune and noticed a difference. I then added a Banks Ram air CAI and I think (operative word) that made a difference. I then added an MBRP ss off road cat back exhaust. I felt like I lost low end torque and it was louder than I personally wanted. I took it off and reinstalled the stock exhaust and like it much better with just the superchips and CAI. So, if I had to do all over again and could only afford one of the above then I choose Superchips.
Similar experience here. I did however get some improvement by putting a reducer on the tailpipe of my Dynomax muffler, dropped down to 2" to get some low end back Quieted it down also
Old 09-29-2012, 03:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would do gears first..best way to bring back some power... then RIPP.... then you should be happy i have the RIPP and love it
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forced air... nothing compares. However, once you have driven a twin screw SC vehicle the only thing that compaires is a turbo deisel. Ripp is a nice product, but I don't like centrifugual blowers on DD's, tow rigs or trucks.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
I love it man!!!

Quick Reply: Power!!