Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Post 2" FT BB Lift Install Tweaks Needed?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post 2" FT BB Lift Install Tweaks Needed?

Installed 2" FT BB lift with mono-tube shocks on Sun.

Got the steering wheel centered - easy to do.

New shocks no doubt firmer than stock.

Lift looks nice and will fit my 33's just great when they arrive.

Might need front end alignment check - here is why. Going over small bumps (have not hit any big ones yet) at freeway speed makes the jeep feel a little "squirly" kind of like a small side to side movement. Not major, but was not there stock. At slower speeds, I am feeling "something" in the steering wheel, very minor but being detail oriented it is not exactly the same feel as stock. I am still running the stock 32" tires, 18" Sahara rims, and stock steering stabilizer. What else could I check that might be causing this? It's minor but just noticable. Normal? I doubt it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Lift.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	2382  

Last edited by kb7our; 07-17-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install the FT Trackbar Relocation Bracket? If so, then remove it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I did install the included Track Bar bracket. Also am using JKS quicker disconnects up front which are extended length for the 2" lift - the sway bar sits nice and horizontal.

So, remove the Track Bar bracket? Hmmmm. This will shift the axle to an "abnormal" state since the lift moved it a little. How could this be good? If I recall the Track Bar without the bracket only uses the one bolt right? Has anyone else had to remove the bracket? It is interesting that the Terra BB does not seem to include a relo bracket and their lift is 2.5" yet the FT lift comes with the bracket and I spoke to Steve at FT at some length about it and aligning the bolt holes. I went through a lot of pain to get the darn thing installed - not sure why???

Last edited by kb7our; 07-17-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Woods...I found earlier posts explaining the issue with the FT track bar. So I went out to the JK and measured the axle shift using the board against the wheel method. To make a long story short I pulled the FT bracket and amazingly the shift is barely noticable going back to the stock mounting location and more noticable with the bracket. So much for the FT bracket and pain I went though to get it installed correctly. A quick road test appears promising! Thanks very much!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

I had some initial issues with my FT 2" lift too that included some squirliness on bumps and minor death wobble (coma wobble?), but it was fixed with another go of the torque wrench and some locktite
Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had to tell several people about this, and they have all had positive results from removing the TB bracket. Maybe I should just call FT, and tell them that it's garbage.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talk to Steve if you do.

Quick Reply: Post 2" FT BB Lift Install Tweaks Needed?