Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Possible to uprade lift?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to uprade lift?

I have the procomp 4" lift stage 1. I'm not really happy with it, i really would like a teraflex lift of about the same height or more. But I can afford to buy a whole lift outright. Is it possible to buy each part individually to slowly upgrade it or is it not possible to mix brands and parts?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stage one doesn't come with any control arms or trac bars correct? It's actually a good 'build' kit cause their fairly inexpensive, just not 'complete' in any sense. I would keep the springs and shocks and start with replacing your stock control arms with adjustable ones (like teraflex's if thats waht you want). Most people can get by with replacing the front lowers and rear upper's to set caster and pinion. I would also get an adjustable front track bar to re-center your front axle. This will give you a much nicer ride and greater flex with the new control arms.

Edit: There is absolutely no reason NOT to mix parts...I'm running teraflex springs and arms, procomp shocks ands evo shock relocators. It really comes down to correcting the geometry of your components. Granted it is nice to keep everything the same but its by no means necessary with short arm suspension. If you're lookin into long arms that relocate your control arm mounts it's another story.

Last edited by jkJason; 09-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy any individual part/component from any TeraFlex kit.

Quick Reply: Possible to uprade lift?