Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

possible stupid question but...

Old 02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible stupid question but...

I was at my 4x4 parts store the other day looking for new front and rear bumpers and rock sliders for my new X, the guy told me that any TJ after market bumper/ slider would fit and that the JK is the 4 door only? Forgive my naivety but they're the experts; or aren't they?
Thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Post tj vs jk

The jk is wider, longer, it's different. I'm building one ( front bumper) it's starting to take shape. 5x2 tubing with the ends beveled up and angled back , shackle mounts , 60 inches long. I'm anxious to see how it's gonna look.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Originally Posted by UberX
I was at my 4x4 parts store the other day looking for new front and rear bumpers and rock sliders for my new X, the guy told me that any TJ after market bumper/ slider would fit and that the JK is the 4 door only? Forgive my naivety but they're the experts; or aren't they?
Thanks
The JK, is Wider in body and frame and Longer, be careful, espcially if new to Jeepin, folks out there will tell you anything they think you want to hear. Papabear
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by UberX
Thanks
like others have said, but no only that the bumpers mount off the front of the frame with 4 bolts per side.

the TJ's mounted top and bottom.

I wouldnt suggest going back to that guy if he doesnt know the difference,.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

many many thanks, I guess i better get my checkbook...

Quick Reply: possible stupid question but...