Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Possible Camber problem?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Possible Camber problem?

After installing a 3" lift(Teraflex) my JK pulls to the left. I had the alignment checked twice. I have a full set of adj control arms and a front adj trackbar.

I was told that everything was normal on the first try.

I had the alignment checked again. Here are the results:

Caster: 6.7L 6.6R
Camber: -0.6L -0.8R
Toe: 0.11L 0.11R

I was told that the camber is a bit off. Will this cause the JK pull to the left?
Does this mean I have a bent axel?
Previous suggestions: switch front tires or to lengthen the drivers front lower CA a 1/8".

PLEASE HELP:tears drip:.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Help!: drowninga:
Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

I had a friend who had a 2dr Rubicon with the same problem the dealer put a new axle housing in.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by retired
I had a friend who had a 2dr Rubicon with the same problem the dealer put a new axle housing in.
I have an appointment at the dealer this coming saturday. There I have the axel housing checked.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

did they do a 4 wheel alignment, and not just a front end alignment. since you have adjustable control arms...how many miles on the jeep....is it pulling or twitchy or wondering.....
Old 10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blkpearl
did they do a 4 wheel alignment, and not just a front end alignment. since you have adjustable control arms...how many miles on the jeep....is it pulling or twitchy or wondering.....
The second time around the alignment was 4 wheel. Its been a week since I have installed the 3" lift with new set of tires and wheels. It pulls to the left slightly when letting go of steering wheel. Keep in mind that I have a full set of control arms and a front adj trackbar.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

just pulled my firestone reciepts....my jk is close to your either both have bent housings...mine drives streight and does well......

i have the fixed length lower control arms...with a 4.5 sj lift with 3/4 spacers running 37s with a drop pitman arm....if that helps

camber -.4 left -.8 right

toe .12 left .10 right

is it perfect, idk....but drives good, and good tire wear....the tow needs to be in a little slightly with larger tires....if set to factory perfect.... will be a little flighty
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

didn't unfold the paper.....here is the rest

my front cross camber is -.4

front total toe is .25

rear cross camber was .5
rear total toe was -.02
and thrust angel was -.10

as long as your arms are good and tight.....should be no worries....just make the alignment shop.... do it right

Last edited by blkpearl; 10-05-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

just pulled my firestone reciepts....my jk is close to your either both have bent housings...mine drives streight and does well......

i have the fixed length lower control arms...with a 4.5 sj lift with 3/4 spacers running 37s with a drop pitman arm....if that helps

toe .12 left .10 right

is it perfect, idk....but drives good, and good tire wear....the tow needs to be in a little slightly with larger tires....if set to factory perfect.... will be a little flighty

front total toe is .25

rear cross camber was .5
rear total toe was -.02

as long as your arms are good and tight.....should be no worries....just make the alignment shop.... do it right
This makes me think that I'm suffering from radial left push/pull. If I'm right, then hopefully crossing the front tires might resolve my issue unless it starts to push/pull to the right. I that case I'm going to have to exchange one of the tires.

Does this make any sense?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

toe .12 left .10 right

front total toe is .25

rear cross camber was .5
rear total toe was -.02

The tire swap didn't work. Still pulls left. What was your caster? I think I might have to play with my front lower control arms. Either that or I have a bent axel c

Quick Reply: Possible Camber problem?