Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Possibilites for the jerry can mounts

Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibilites for the jerry can mounts

I have recently purchased the Lod gen II rear tire carrier. Just waiting the three weeks it takes to get it. I went ahead and bought the trail rack and jerry can options. Although the jerry can mounts have an awesome look i don't plan on "storing" the cans there at all times of fear someone thinks they need them more more than me. So what I'm wondering is two things One, does anyone know a way to secure the cans. Two, What other things can the jerry can mounts be used for
Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use straps to secure mine. If they want them bad enough they can have them. As far as what else the mounts could be used for, I really don't know. I would remove them if your not gonna keep the cans on there....my 2 cents..
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I was thinking of using some kind of gun lock or bicycle lock to secure mine (once my Shrockworks bumper arrives, that is). Unless, of course, Shrockworks is a step ahead of me and built something in for a padlock.

Quick Reply: Possibilites for the jerry can mounts