Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Posi Or Not

Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posi Or Not

I have a 2007 jk x and i bought it used on the build sheet of the car it does not say i have a posi. but today i was playing in the snow put it in 2 wheel drive and went for it and both tires spun how can this be..... normal if you have a open diff the right wheel will only spin but i had both tires going had the door open and looking. any thoughts
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's how to tell: Jack the rear up by the center section and support the axle with jack stands. Put the Jeep in park or in gear if it's a manual. Grab a tire and see if it'll turn. If it will, you ain't gotta posi. If it won't turn you do. It's normal for a standard opened faced differential to spin one, the other or both on slippery surfaces such as snow mud ice and the like.

Quick Reply: Posi Or Not