Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

POR Chassis Coat

Old 09-28-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POR Chassis Coat

Just bought a couple cans of the spray-on version of the Chassis Coat and wondering if anyone has any comments about it... Thanks

Stacman
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

I have always had great results with POR-15. I used it quite a bit in the past and it worked great.

As with any coating, preparation is the key to longevity and durability. Spend most of your time prepping and cleaning and sanding, and you will almost always end up with good results.

HTH

Good luck
Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone else care to chime in on this one?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Por-15

Originally Posted by stacman7
Anyone else care to chime in on this one?
I did my 72 Vette frame with the POR-15 and love it. I swear that frame is freakin bulletproof. I have no experience with the spray on version, wasnt even sure they made this.

The brush on is extremely easy, but as stated before prep is everything. And for gods sakes avoid contact with your skin.

Its only brush-on experience but i hope it helps. I plan on doing it to my Jeep in the spring.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a thread on an 07 Red unlimited that the guy did an at-home hemi conversion and took the body off the frame. He rolled the chassis out and did the POR-15, looks good.

Don't recall the location, a search should yield results.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah I saw the post, but I am lazy. Prep work sucks so I will be doing very little. I'll probably rough it up with a wire wheel/drill, Purple Power it clean and then spray it on. I hear spray-on bedliner works great so when I scuff it up, I'll just get a can or two. Should of bought that first to begin with...

Quick Reply: POR Chassis Coat