Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pop or creaking

Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop or creaking

Well I installed a zone 3 inch kit last weekend, followed all instructions no problems at all but ever since then I've noticed a light pop when I'm turning mostly its not real loud and I can't feel it anywhere its coming from the rear of the vehicle I installed new shocks, new springs, new sway bar links, and track bar relocation bracket all in the rear everything is tight I double checked, but if you have any ideas I would be greatly appreciative of your input thanks. Oh it's a 2012 Jk sport two door.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor

Did you loosen all of the arms to prevent the bushings from binding?

Typically you should loosen pretty much every bolt on the suspension, install the lift, and then set the Jeep on level ground. At that time you want to crawl around under the Jeep and tighten every bolt on the suspension. This will prevent the bushings from binding. This might be what you are hearing.

It is also possible that the springs are not sitting in the perch correctly and could be moving a little bit making the noise.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

I noticed the front springs have to sit in there a certain way does that apply to the rear as well I didn't see or read about the rear having to sit in there a certain way thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor

They just need to be seated in the factory spring insulator.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah there seated, I didn't loosen the arms this weekend ill lift it back up loosen, drop it and tighten everything thanks for the help.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor

No problem at all. I am here to help.

If this doesn't fix your noise issue don't think it is all for nothing. Having the bushings unloaded will increase the life of the bushings as well as make the ride better and give you the correct suspension travel you need when wheeling.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Pop or creaking