Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poorly installed lift on jku i bought, what a nightmare

Old 05-20-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhaines

Not all of it. Some of it comes from those of us who started with RC because of the price and had nothing but problems.
In all fairness though, since my personal misfortune with them, I have heard that some of their products and customer service have improved.
RC makes good stuff. You do get what you pay but that depends on what you do and how you want to use the suspension. For light wheeling and cost RC is great. I have had RC, then Teraflex, then some Evo suspension on my Jk and they are have pros and cons. RC has wonderful or actually the best customer service out of the 3 in my experience
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U

According to Kelly Blue Book, if there is an aftermarket suspension installed, there is an automatic $5000 deduction in the value of the vehicle. This thread helps explain why that is the case.
That's why I'm glad I got such a great deal on mine. If I didn't have the mechanical skills I do, then it would have put me in the red. Only thing It caused me was a headache and a sore neck from looking up all night while it was on the lift. Could have been worse just annoying still.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mopar Stage 2; 2" Lift

Yeah, I actually lucked out at the dealer, Dave the mechanic has a lifted Jeep and has had lifted trucks his whole life,(a real gear-head), so we got to talking for awhile and I gave him my trust. After the install he walked it all down and showed me everything, so that was a nice gesture on his end. The Mopar Stage 2; 2" lift has the Fox Tuned Shocks and lifted the Jeep around 3". I'm very happy with it and I will be posting pics on my profile soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep7.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	331131

Quick Reply: Poorly installed lift on jku i bought, what a nightmare