Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poly spacers

Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly spacers

I had a question about installing 2" poly spacers from rusty's offroad. I was thinking about purchasing just the 2" spacers and installing just the spacers. Will I run into any problems with the factory rubicon shocks or hardware? I was looking to get the teraflex 2.5" kit till I found out that I need spacers or different wheels. I had 05 WK with the superlift on it and I don't want to go back to spacers and don't have the funds to get different offset wheels. Anyone who just installed 2" spacers with all factory hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Matt
Old 11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I assume you are lifting for the purpose of adding bigger tires, correct? The main reason for wheel spacers, or less backspace on the rims, is to clear wider tires. If you are staying with stock width tires (roughly 10" wide), you will not need wheel spacers. If you are going wider/taller, then you probably will, regardless of the manufacturer...

Instead of not buying a TeraFlex kit because they let you know about the backspace issues, ask yourself why the other mfg is NOT saying anything about it! (well, until you find an issue and call them to complain, that is...)

If you go with the 2" spacers and stock shocks, you will probably want to get some 2" shock extensions also to give you back the travel you'll lose with short shocks.

Last edited by nthinuf; 11-01-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I assume you are lifting for the purpose of adding bigger tires, correct? The main reason for wheel spacers or less backspace on the rims is to clear wider tires. If you are staying with stock width tires (roughly 10" wide), you will not need wheel spacers. If you are going wider/taller, then you probably will, regardless of the manufacturer...

Instead of not buying a TeraFlex kit because they let you know about the backspace issues, ask yourself why the other mfg is NOT saying anything about it! (well, until you find an issue and call them about it, that is...)
Yeah, you only need wheel spacers if you want to run wider tires. If you're keeping the stock wheels and tires, you will be fine for your 2" spacer lift. I'm not sure about your shocks, though. I don't know if you will need shock extensions or brake line bracket with a 2" lift.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I'm pry going to get the teraflex 2.5" kit and buy stock rear swaybar links to install on the front that way I can leave the stock links in the back to run standard wheel without the spacers.

Last edited by Rubicon08; 11-01-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just run the rear swaybar links on the inside of the sway.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Just run the rear swaybar links on the inside of the sway.
I heard some people had problems with them not fitting on the inside. Figured out which way i'm going to go!! Thank you for the replies :-)

Last edited by Rubicon08; 11-01-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Poly spacers