Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which Tube Doors?
Rancho Rockgear
84.88%
Olympic Safari
15.12%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Which Tube Doors

Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayrav
No, forget the saddle bags. I'm talking about covers which convert the tubies to half doors. I'm sure you don't plan to keep the tube doors on forever. The covers can be removed with ease. Don't ever have to remove the tube doors. Hows that? That's easier than carring the heavy ass factory door. Something to think about.
Yeah, I get ya..... Those are definitely versatile as hell, but I just want to keep it simple here. Like I said, I just like the look of the tubes, nothing else.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm voting Rancho. I've had my eye on these for a while, they look great and take the factory mirrors.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Are those the only two you like? What about OR-Fab or Warrior....
Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I gotcha ;-), but in my case in need to have both options because it rains here regulary and most of the trails here are muddy and I'm not a fan of mud being flung into my face. Don't get me wrong. The tube doors are sweet, but can be a inconvenince depending on the situation (cold weather, mud, rain)and swaping doors can be a real PITA. To be able to convert my tubies with out removing them IMO is a convenience I'm willing to pay for and say bye bye to heavy factory full doors.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Are those the only two you like? What about OR-Fab or Warrior....
Those are nice too.... I don't like the curve on the Or-Fabs..... The Warriors kick ass though.... But, I figured the Warrior and the Ranchos are pretty close, so I went with the Ranchos, they look a little meaner.... I like the Ranchos because they're mean looking, and the Olympics because of their simplicity. Total opposites, but both nice. Different ends of the price spectrum too.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayrav
I gotcha ;-), but in my case in need to have both options because it rains here regulary and most of the trails here are muddy and I'm not a fan of mud being flung into my face. Don't get me wrong. The tube doors are sweet, but can be a inconvenince depending on the situation (cold weather, mud, rain)and swaping doors can be a real PITA. To be able to convert my tubies with out removing them IMO is a convenience I'm willing to pay for and say bye bye to heavy factory full doors.
Oh, I gotcha there. In the summer here we can go for a month without rain, so doors off or tubes would be ideal. The reason I threw the Olympic Safaris in there is because they're a lot cheaper than the rest, and since I'd only be using them for roughly four months out of the year, it would seem like a good buy.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Ohhhh...I see said the blind man. Once a year door swap. Here in PR it's warm year round and we have a rainy season in the summer(rains more than usual) that's about it, so I'd keep the tubes on always and use the covers when necessary almost on the fly.

In your case I would go with Rancho.

Last edited by jayrav; 04-17-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Like they say on ESPN: Your JK is going to look ridunkulus ;-) LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like Rancho is winning by a landslide.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Go with the warrior products brand

Quick Reply: Poll: Which Tube Doors