Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which bumper?
Rugged Ridge XHD
56.86%
ARB Deluxe
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

POLL! Can't decide on bumper...

Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the rugged ridge you have so many more options and is a bit cheaper than arb. although i have both body armor bumpers but i was not sure between the rugged ridge and body armor. just my
Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I myself would never get a full width bumper. They get in the way on tighter trails. Get an LOD or atleast something mid or short lenght!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gbanic
Benchmark bumpers look great,

Any chance of a JK Forum discount??

Is this Bumper considered a Mid-length?

Are you bumpers in stock or do you have a lead time.

Thanks
Both the fronts (Elite & Sport) are in stock and ready to ship. Rears are around a 2 week leadtime. The best discounts are on a pair of bumpers.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MSmitty
I've been going back and forth on my bumper selection for 6 months now. I had decided to go with the RR XHD setup (stubby, storage end caps, grill guard). Now I keep going back and looking at the ARB Deluxe. Since I can't decide now, I'm going to leave it up to all of you! That's right. Whichever one wins is it. I'll be ordering this weekend so let me know!
That is funny those are the 2 bumpers I have had on my jeep. I had the arb first. It is a really nice bumper though it is heavy as heck and pretty difficult to install solo. It looks perfect with stock flares but less so with tube fenders. I did like that it had the winch fairlead kind of sunken into the bumper but I did not like those strange hard plastic bumperettes sticking out nor did I like the rectangle amber lights (all of the lights on the front of the jeep are round).
Now I have the Rugged Ridge. I like the modular design, I like that it is a stubby, and I LOVE the stinger. Though if I did not get such a smokin deal on the RR I probably would have gotten the LOD Stubby with stinger instead.

LOL With your name I am surprized you are not considering the Smittybilt.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Go the arb delux I have it an it looks great, the quality is second to none. It's the perfect allrounder, trust me you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

XHD. I've ran into a bunch of shit and it holds up like a champ.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Any comments on which bumper would hold up better in a deer or car collision? I'm trying to choose between the ARB and full width XHD myself.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Both look great!!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dronac
Any comments on which bumper would hold up better in a deer or car collision? I'm trying to choose between the ARB and full width XHD myself.
ARBs are made for squishing 'Roos. Just saying....
Old 10-22-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

I like both the RR and ARB I am looking to upgrade also as I am currently all stock. I do like the look of those Benchmarks too. But probably more than I want to spend on bumpers at the moment untill I get more Mods done. I will prob go with the RR too so I vote for RR.

Quick Reply: POLL! Can't decide on bumper...