Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison Syder Rocker Knocker Question..

Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison Syder Rocker Knocker Question..

I wanna ditch the crappy sahara steps for some rocker protection. I like the look and reviews of the rocker knockers but wanted to know if the sliders can be added? Can I buy the knockers first and later down the road add sliders? I just dont want to spend the xtra cash if the knockers will suffice and look good..any input appreciated!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rocker Knockers

I bought mine two years ago before they reorganized. I bought both but yes you can add the sliders later with no problem. The sliders bolt to the frame. The only problem I encountered was I had to grind the center of the slider as it contacted the rocker protection. It was on the inside where you never see so a little paint and it's all good. I am pleased with both. The only suggestion I have for you is to use a unibit when you drill for the nutserts. The body is so thin a bit tends to tear it. I used one new bit per side and had no issues. Good choice.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the sliders with the side tubes, IMO it's worth the extra$$ for the added side protection..
And I have to say, that I have needed them already,,, kept a 3" dia. tree from sliding down the side of my Jeep.... so I say it's well worth the extra.....
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

thanks guys..yeah i was leaning towards getting the sliders anyways I just have never seen anyone with just the knockers..so i was curious..

Quick Reply: Poison Syder Rocker Knocker Question..