Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison spyder rock brawler vs lod signuture series with stinger

Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the PSC Brawler Mid and love it. Really solid build quality. I've seen the LODs in person and there nice, but I would go PSC hands down. Check out their rocker knockers as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3444116319.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	454160  

Last edited by WarEagle71; 05-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm partial to PSC!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3914712124.jpg
Views:	4098
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	454179  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MacJeepMaster
I'm partial to PSC!
I agree. It is definitely one of the best looking bumpers IMO.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have loads of PSC stuff on my JK and one thing from LOD. I have the LOD rock rails because I really liked the way they looked. All of my PSC stuff fit like a glove perfect. The LOD rock rails were supposedly bolt on but after hours of trying to figure out how they fit together and were supposed to bolt up I finally just clamped them and welded them on. Another note was it took almost 3 months to finally get my LOD rock rails delivered. Most PSC stuff takes about two weeks tops to get.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sinister
Dang I can't find anyone with rockbrawler front but what do you mean that the lod is no joke is it that bad
The install for the LOD is easily 4+ hours.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wish they would make a brawler lite with the trail stinger and plate gussets instead of the tube gussets I emaild them and they said they couldn't do it
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone gots pics of the brawler light with the trail stinger
Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you considered the LOD Armor Lite front bumper? It is made of alloy steel, and very lightweight. In fact, the mid-width bumper weighs slightly less than the stock JK front bumper. In addition, the bumper is modular, so you can bolt on a stinger or hoop ... or remove them entirely.

PSC has a great reputation and aesthetics; LOD builds solid stuff but isn't quite as polished as PSC. I have an LOD rear bumper + tire carrier and haven't had any issues in almost 4 years. If any product is going to have issues, it's going to be a tire carrier.

If a modular design at all appeals to you, I would consider the LOD Armor Lite. If you want a big stinger out front at all times, then go for the PSC.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OnBelay
Have you considered the LOD Armor Lite front bumper? It is made of alloy steel, and very lightweight. In fact, the mid-width bumper weighs slightly less than the stock JK front bumper. In addition, the bumper is modular, so you can bolt on a stinger or hoop ... or remove them entirely.

PSC has a great reputation and aesthetics; LOD builds solid stuff but isn't quite as polished as PSC. I have an LOD rear bumper + tire carrier and haven't had any issues in almost 4 years. If any product is going to have issues, it's going to be a tire carrier.

If a modular design at all appeals to you, I would consider the LOD Armor Lite. If you want a big stinger out front at all times, then go for the PSC.
Yea I looked at the armor lite just didn't really look that great to me I like the ability to switch out stingers though if you beat one up you could just switch it out
Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister
Yea I looked at the armor lite just didn't really look that great to me I like the ability to switch out stingers though if you beat one up you could just switch it out
I agree; I don't care for the look. It's a bit too ... bulbous. My issue is with potentially parking in the garage, etc. It would be nice to remove the stinger if I needed to fit into a shorter parking space.

There are other modular bumpers that look better, of course, but they are made in China. Anyhow, you can't go wrong with PSC.

-Dawn

Quick Reply: Poison spyder rock brawler vs lod signuture series with stinger