Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison spyder hood?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison spyder hood?

As anybody had issues with rain or snow going through the vents? Live in michigan kinda get all kinds of weather. I really want this just don't want to mess up anything under the hood.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the louvers installed for 2 years and been through many Alabama downpours with zero issues. The engine compartment isn't water tight to begin with. I can't speak for snow but you will be fine.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepsta
As anybody had issues with rain or snow going through the vents? Live in michigan kinda get all kinds of weather. I really want this just don't want to mess up anything under the hood.
Do u have over heating issues?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I asked the same question and was concerned until I looked at a 2013 mustang. They come with louvers in the hood. If you pop the hood after a rain or car wash you only see a few drops. Also if you pop my jeep hood you can see where water has come up from under the jeep and soaked everything all the way up to the hood.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the PS hood louvers on for some time now. At first I covered the louvers when I knew it was going to rain. Then I thought, 'this isn't going to work'. So I quit covering them during rain and snow. Sure, I can see where water has dripped in but, no where enough to do any harm. I don't even worry about it anymore.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Jeep now offer's the aev vented hood with certain packages. It has openings in the top surface that would allow water inside also. I installed the PS louvers and have no regrets!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepsta
Just installed the PSC JK Hood Louver on my Jeep here in Pittsburgh. Rains all year with a good bit of snow in the winters. The engine compartment is considered a wet environment and is built to handle moisture. I've got absolutely no worries about water ingress. Plus, the plastic engine cover is directly under the PSC vents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3089686514.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	524645
Old 01-18-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have it installed here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. No problems at all. This is actually my second one. The first one I had was in my 03' Rubicon. Traded it in for my 2012 and had to have the louver again. Highly recommend!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Well I think I am getting one. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Poison spyder hood?