Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison Spyder and full river raider corners what color?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought, but I think if you were to go black on the flares and corners, the blue on the cage wouldn't stand out as much. I kind of like the idea of going white on the body and then that blue would really pop. Personally, I like the idea of black armor on my silver JK, but you're going for something more custom looking, right? So go for it!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by syndicate559
Just a thought, but I think if you were to go black on the flares and corners, the blue on the cage wouldn't stand out as much. I kind of like the idea of going white on the body and then that blue would really pop. Personally, I like the idea of black armor on my silver JK, but you're going for something more custom looking, right? So go for it!

Yeah I kinda want to do something different. It was an easy choice on my TJ it was a black Sahara so I went black on all the armor. I’m thinking white just for the same reasons as you stated.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah! Looks like the spare stopped you at least ya did not dent up the doors or tear the soft top

I like the flat black with white, thats what I have.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dhughes
I'm repairing the jeep after rolling it at superlift park. I've ordered front and rear posion Spyder flares and river raider full corners. Also replacing the hood, pasanger fender, front stinger, and a river raider weld in sport cage. It's a white 2 door rubicon with 3 inch lift and a 1 1/4 body lift on 35" pitbull rockers mounted on stock rims. Now this is my question should I go all white or satin black on the flares with white corners. Or I could do black on flares and corners. I was going to try and do the cage in blue knda like they did on extreme 4x4 did with the red. They used dupli bed liner and a metal flack with a red top coat. Want to do blue. What should I do?

Hot Springs Pics

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20May%202010/
Got a few things done. Going to the paint shop Tuesday for a complete repaint including the cage. Going back white with a blue cage. A few pics to see progress.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...Jeep%20repair/
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

nice so far.....so is that the first time you ever went over?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sn00wman
nice so far.....so is that the first time you ever went over?
First time in this jeep. Ive put my TJ on its side a few times but not much damage.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

I like the matching white armor - was the Stone White paint difficult to find, and if not, would you mind sharing your source? Thanks.

Got a few things done. Going to the paint shop Tuesday for a complete repaint including the cage. Going back white with a blue cage. A few pics to see progress.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-20-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Repositioned Text vs Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like the way it looks man. Why did you cut the full corner down to add the poison spider flare instead of just doing away with the poison spyder and making a flare to weld directly to the corner.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redx08
Like the way it looks man. Why did you cut the full corner down to add the poison spider flare instead of just doing away with the poison spyder and making a flare to weld directly to the corner.
I don't like the look of a weld on flare. They stick out to far and I don't like the way it would leave the space at the bottom where the space for the flare would be. I didn't know it was built like that so I already had them painted. Had to cut them down about 4 inches to fit so just going to have the jeep repainted now that it's all together. Got it all wet sanded today and striped back down. Going to start sanding the bumpers and sliders tomm.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't like the look of a weld on flare. They stick out to far and I don't like the way it would leave the space at the bottom where the space for the flare would be. I didn't know it was built like that so I already had them painted. Had to cut them down about 4 inches to fit so just going to have the jeep repainted now that it's all together. Got it all wet sanded today and striped back down. Going to start sanding the bumpers and sliders tomm.
Ready to see the pics of it done. Looks good man, ready for a roll again. On another note, my local jeep club is going to sicily island on sept 18th. Would like you and your friends to join us.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder and full river raider corners what color?