Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison Spyder Fail

Old 02-01-2015, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's to easy to see the downside in this decision, and I at one point felt the same way when I first heard / read it. After having sometime to think about it I'll pose this question...

What if PSC is strong enough to redeem the 4WP name as well as challenge it's fellow brands to produce a better quality product now that its selling on a larger market?

I run a number of PSC products on my Jeep and have always been happy with the quality and fitment of their products. I've met Larry on one occasion and for someone with his back ground I thought it was awesome that he would take the time to discuss regular Jeep stuff and was genuinely interested in what we discussed.

The big hit on PSC is always the cost of their products but rarely if ever have I seen anyone complain about the quality of their hardware. Maybe this will allow PSC access to produce more product as well as access to greater resources thus lowering the overall cost.

Maybe its just a hope on my part but sometimes its just to easy to expect the worst...
Old 02-02-2015, 01:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fear will be that 4WP will monopolize the brand, not allowing other retailers to carry the products.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My hopes are that they keep Smittybuilt as their economy brand, and leave PSC as their premier brand.
Either way, I'm glad I got my bumpers, rails and body armor prior this acquisition.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Billbikes
My fear will be that 4WP will monopolize the brand, not allowing other retailers to carry the products.
I know a local shop here who recently became a PS dealer. The prices PS was giving him were higher than if he'd bought through NR or Rebel with a discount code. Granted NR and Rebel buy a lot more, but now knowing this news it has me wondering.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

I do not fault or hold a grudge with PSC for the sale. However, I will no longer purchase their products.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 AM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimk403
Really? 4wheel parts is one of the worst places to do business with. Bunch of young snobs that won't give you the time of day unless you're spending a couple grand. And this is the attitude I get in every store I've ever been to, from Denver to Chula Vista and most in between.
Shame.
I've had this same experience in 2 different stores in the last couple of months. It makes me wonder if the salesmen work on commission.

On the contrary, I recently ordered a couple of small parts from PSC (one of which was a free replacement for a wrong order) and the customer service was outstanding!

I hope the best for Larry and all the PSC employees.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I do not fault or hold a grudge with PSC for the sale. However, I will no longer purchase their products.
No longer buying their products is holding a grudge. Just saying. Lol
Old 02-02-2015, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
No longer buying their products is holding a grudge. Just saying. Lol
It's not holding a grudge, it's choosing to purchase parts where my money will stay in US hands. I don't have a grudge with Rugged Ridge or Smittybilt either, but I will not give them my money as long as there are US options of equal or greater quality available.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RC3
I've had this same experience in 2 different stores in the last couple of months. It makes me wonder if the salesmen work on commission.

On the contrary, I recently ordered a couple of small parts from PSC (one of which was a free replacement for a wrong order) and the customer service was outstanding!

I hope the best for Larry and all the PSC employees.

Of what I know, they do receive some type of commision. I have had decent experiences with the sales guys at the 4wheelparts in my area, but I would never get anything installed from their service center. I've seen the outcome of that before, and wouldn't put my Jeep in their hands.

As for Poison Spyder, I think their products have been extremely well built and have always had an amazing fit & finish. I predict nothing will change at first, but then over time there will be corners cut. Same thing happened to Rubicon Express I believe.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimk403
Really? 4wheel parts is one of the worst places to do business with. Bunch of young snobs that won't give you the time of day unless you're spending a couple grand. And this is the attitude I get in every store I've ever been to, from Denver to Chula Vista and most in between.
Shame.
Haaaaa. I just experienced the same. Went to their Santa Ana for grab bars ($80.00). Went there at 904 am, 4 mins after they opened. Only one other customer being help by someone else. The guy helping me took 3 other phone calls and I was there 20 mins for one simple purchase. On the 3rd call he ran to stock for something related to that phone call. I left without purchasing ANYTHING!!!!

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Fail