Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison Spyder Fail

Old 01-30-2015, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sale of Poison Spyder

Presented without comment.

Transamerican Manufacturing Group Announces Acquisition of Poison Spyder Customs | TAW ALL ACCESS

Last edited by Invest2m4; 02-02-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for Larry and his family. They are probably pretty excited. As a fan of PSC, I don't like it so much but thinking about it not too surprised. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 01-30-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is running on Facebook right now... according to the article the PSC products will continue to be built in the US. Quality is always a concern when switching owners... time will tell.

From Facebook -

Well its been a hard secret to keep, with rumors flying for the past few weeks. But the press release came out today so its official: Poison Spyder has been bought by Transamerican, the parent company of 4 Wheel Parts. As we're gearing up for King Of the Hammers, we know this news will be competing with anything we're doing on the race course, so we wanted to let you, our fans, customers, friends and distributors know what's going on and address some of your concerns.

First of all, I (Larry McRae), am not going anywhere. I'm staying on as President of Poison Spyder, the only difference is that Greg Adler's signature will be on my paycheck instead of my own. The same with our staff, everyone is staying put, in fact we'll be adding more. The team that got Poison Spyder to where it is today is what Transamerican was after, and they intend to keep it intact. We'll continue to do our own product development, sales, marketing, and of course traveling the country to events to meet and wheel with you guys. And very importantly, our products will continue to be built in the same Poison Spyder facilities in Banning, California.

So what IS going to change? The biggest thing is we'll now have access to Transamerican's considerable resources to fuel our growth, keep the shelves full and expand our product lines. And through their distribution channels we'll be able to bring Poison Spyder products to a larger market. But for the most part, Poison Spyder will continue to function mostly autonomously. Those of you who like buying direct from Poison Spyder will still be able to do so.

Over the coming week we're going to have our hands full out here at King Of the Hammers, so its not the most convenient time for this news to break. But we welcome your thoughts on this. Please feel free to contact any of our staff through the usual channels, or comment below if you prefer. We'll try to keep up with responses even though we've got a race to run in a few days (against our new boss, among others smile emoticon

Larry McRae
President, Poison Spyder Customs

Last edited by scooby snacks; 01-30-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really? 4wheel parts is one of the worst places to do business with. Bunch of young snobs that won't give you the time of day unless you're spending a couple grand. And this is the attitude I get in every store I've ever been to, from Denver to Chula Vista and most in between.
Shame.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default glad i bought when i did

dosent sound too sure the way they worded it / besides if they were doing so well why would they sell the business hope they make good on their words but time tells all love my psc bumper thanks to them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0793 (3).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	594507  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-30-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didn't buy the business to leave it as is. This is the world I live in. Margins have to increase. Costs have to come down and revenues have to increase. Do the math however you want.

Plenty of investors would have made an offer. The business was never shopped - unfortunate for the owners. I absolutely understand that at some point the owner of a business wants liquidity. Selling out to a Chinese company is the way to sell out, not to leave a legacy. Yeah, capital is essentially free in China and they can pay a premium. Money isn't everything.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't help but wonder if the real reason is in part to Larry's cancer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snED_JYrnx8
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I guess I better get the diff covers I've been eying before the quality takes a hit.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:57 PM
JK Junkie

Default i believe most people are trying too not buy from china lately

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
They didn't buy the business to leave it as is. This is the world I live in. Margins have to increase. Costs have to come down and revenues have to increase. Do the math however you want.

Plenty of investors would have made an offer. The business was never shopped - unfortunate for the owners. I absolutely understand that at some point the owner of a business wants liquidity. Selling out to a Chinese company is the way to sell out, not to leave a legacy. Yeah, capital is essentially free in China and they can pay a premium. Money isn't everything.
and so there business wont flurish as planned if they use steel or manufacture over seas im sure / however I believe your right and quality comes at a cost
Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Default well wishing him the very best blessings on that battle

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I can't help but wonder if the real reason is in part to Larry's cancer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snED_JYrnx8

lets all pray for a healthy outcome for him and family

that's more important than steel or a job for sure or product (Support Larry) wasn't aware of that .

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Fail