Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers?

Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!! Thanks for the info!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Just called, those things would be more than my bumper!! Had no idea powder coating and install would be $700+ :-(
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

You can save quite a bit by painting them yourself. The finish is going to get scraped off anyway. The install isn't highly technical, just VERY time consuming. When it comes to PSC you get what you pay for... Their shite is very stout. Good luck
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nwapache
You can save quite a bit by painting them yourself. The finish is going to get scraped off anyway. The install isn't highly technical, just VERY time consuming. When it comes to PSC you get what you pay for... Their shite is very stout. Good luck
Yup....I'm looking into doing the install myself as we speak.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me the width of the stepping surface?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdmowery
Anyone familiar with PSC's Brawler Rockers? Shopping around for rocker protection for my 2012 JKUR.
Originally Posted by CAELBLUE1
I have my JKU PSC brawler rockers at the powder coaters right now. Will fit them next week. They are amazingly solid, very heavy but will take a phenomenal amount of punishment. I am very impressed by the quality of the product PSC produces. IMHO the look great and will perform just as well. I am very happy with them. I got the steel version and they are extremely solid.
why Powder Coat Them Instead Of Paint?curious
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them oh my 07 but if you hit them hard enough then they bend as well as the tub.
Trust me they are made well but they will bend the body/tub. if you want I can send you pictures of my passenger side. I did powder coat mine. I would highly recommend it over painting them with a rattle can. Send me a PM if you have any questions and I will get you me number.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.JK
I have them oh my 07 but if you hit them hard enough then they bend as well as the tub.
Trust me they are made well but they will bend the body/tub. if you want I can send you pictures of my passenger side. I did powder coat mine. I would highly recommend it over painting them with a rattle can. Send me a PM if you have any questions and I will get you me number.
I'll second this.

Yes, the rockers are very strong. What they mount them to... Not so much. I've hit mine very hard a few too many times. The rail itself hasn't bent but the front passenger fender panel has started buckling, just below the hinge. My fenders don't sit flush anymore. About 1/2" off. Little tough to tell in the pics but its noticeable in person.

I still run them, however. IMO it's a trade off, they're very high clearance and work well when sliding against them. However, if you drop directly on them hard, they will buckle the sheet metal underneith.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I run these as the "last sliders I will ever have to buy" as I have gone through 4 pairs and a pile of body damage caused by junk sliders. Yeah they bend up the sheet metal if you slam on them in the rocks frequently, but for the clearance and armor (yes I have used it) is fantastic and only matched by a few other designs. I plan to weld gussets to my steel fenders and corner armor from the brawlers to distribute the force over a larger area to limit further bending.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdmowery
Anyone familiar with PSC's Brawler Rockers? Shopping around for rocker protection for my 2012 JKUR.
They look a lot like the smittybilt sec rocker guards. I have them on my two door. They cost a lot less than the PSC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130809_130917.png
Views:	468
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	486774

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130809_130934.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	486775

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers?