Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

poison spider rear stinger kit

Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poison spider rear stinger kit

So I'm thinking about selling my LOD carrier and been on the fence about what will replace it. I like the EVO carrier, I just wish it had a stinger. I had talked to poison spyder and they did that the JK wasn't a good platform for their stinger. Anyone running it on their JK? I know Falken had it for a while. Any feed back is appreciated.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my understanding, the reason why you don't see a lot if stinger type tire carriers on JKs is that they attach to both the body and the bumper (frame). This is a problem for the jk as under flex situations the body of the jk flexes differently than the frame. This difference in body and frame movement will torque/bend the arms of the stinger tire carrier possible resulting in a break. That said, there are people who run them and who have either worked around this issue or not had a problem with it, so hopefully someone who runs a stinger tire carrier set up will chime in with some real world experience.

Quick Reply: poison spider rear stinger kit