Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

poison spider cage problems, help!

Old 08-28-2014 | 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default poison spider cage problems, help!

Ok, guys I've read through the instructions and other posts but I cant figure out how to get into the passenger side dash to cut out the extra metal to get the a-pillar to fit.
Some said just a couple hits of the chisel and knock out that sealant (ya right, don't know how you could get the angle to get beyond the second hole up). Well that
doesn't really matter. When I put a Phillips through the hole in the pinch seam the front edge is against a lip that sticks out in the metal portion of the dash. And the holes in
the a-pillar aren't flush with the edge, lol. I just cant see what one could get in there to cut it out.

For those that have done this, what did you do?
Old 08-28-2014 | 06:42 PM
JK Freak

I cut it out but be very careful there's a wiring harness behind it... Yeah ask me how I know.

Quick Reply: poison spider cage problems, help!