Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

poison bombshell diff cover hitting rear track bar

Old 01-19-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poison bombshell diff cover hitting rear track bar

Hey giy I just installed my diff covers from poison spider and my rear track bar is hitting the cover. What should I do or what can I buy to fix it? Any thing help guys thanks.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKAG
Hey giy I just installed my diff covers from poison spider and my rear track bar is hitting the cover. What should I do or what can I buy to fix it? Any thing help guys thanks.
Get an aftermarket track bar.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default grinder

little off both and paint it
Old 01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yuriy
Get an aftermarket track bar.
Yep. Stock track bars won't clear. Front is bad news if you have a Rubicon - you need to fix that asap if that's the case. If you have a none rubicon, the front should clear, unless you have aftermarket control arms and pushed the axle forward. Rear rubs regardless.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Yep. Stock track bars won't clear. Front is bad news if you have a Rubicon - you need to fix that asap if that's the case. If you have a none rubicon, the front should clear, unless you have aftermarket control arms and pushed the axle forward. Rear rubs regardless.
I know most covers will hit the track bars, what's the difference in the 2 axles that makes it bad news for a D44 and clear a D30?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I know most covers will hit the track bars, what's the difference in the 2 axles that makes it bad news for a D44 and clear a D30?
Everything between a rubicon and non-rubi is the same in terms of parts and location. The front D44 has a larger diff and therefore a larger diff cover and all that sticks out a little further than a D30. Both have the same rear axle, just different internals. There is nowhere near enough clearance for the front D44 (and it says right on their website that it won't work with a stock track bar).

Put the stock cover on until you get a new track bar. It's risky driving around that way.

Edit: thought I was replying to the OP. Above comments are directed to him
Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everything between a rubicon and non-rubi is the same in terms of parts and location. The front D44 has a larger diff and therefore a larger diff cover and all that sticks out a little further than a D30. Both have the same rear axle, just different internals. There is nowhere near enough clearance for the front D44 (and it says right on their website that it won't work with a stock track bar).

Ok that makes complete since.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran the rear with a stock trackbar for a while with no issue. Track bar was raised at the axle, never made contact.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks guys . I do have a Rubicon.But I have the synergy tie rod and draglink setup. So Iam good there. I was having problems in the rear only. I fixed it with the rubicon express lower Axel bracket. And removed the uper trackbar shakel. Works great the track bar is now 4 in from the diff cover . And my track bar is in a even better position than be for. Thanks for the info and good talking
Old 01-23-2015, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Rear track bar

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150123_175915.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	593326

Rear track bar bracket
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150123_175929.jpg